Thread: Rubicon Trail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I live within sight of part of that trail, and as of yet it has not seen the underside of my tires. I would be more than happy to go and be part of the XK takeover!
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I did the Rubicon several years ago with members of my old jeep club "The Seirra Ridge Riders" out of Sacremento. I did it in a Wrangler and most of it was not all that extreme. The tougher parts have alternate routes around them. I am not saying this to discourage anyone from making the trip, just saying with common sense you can take a Commander thru it.

By the Way, Lee and I are now up in Show Low sitting in a pine forest about 20 degrees cooler than Phoenix.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    What was making me think about it was the Jeep Jambree is doing it this year, I don't think I will be able to do this year, but would really like to try for next year. Other than the rear sliders & the front Skid (Which I will have before doing this) I have the rest that is required & then some for this. A little concerned tho because I only have the RC 2" lift on 31's. Just worried do I really have enough clearence? The Jeep is more than capable.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Well going with the common saying at the Camp pre run a few weeks ago "if you can't clear it, Drag it"

was thinking along the same lines lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

For all those people that have done this trail, a question.
    How long does it take to get thru it? Some read its a few days to a week.
    Also to add to my list of needed I think a metal front & rear bumper will be needed on top of what I have to get thur the trail with tearing it up.
    Any thoughts? (anyone)
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    This is a good thread, I am very interested in going, I'm pretty confident in the Jeep and in my own ability, however this isn't something I'd do on my own. If we could organize a timeline and a recommended/required parts/equipment list, count me in.

Also, from what I understand (and I could be misinformed) that "Trail Rated" badge on the fender means that Jeep took one of these and completed the Rubicon trail with it, Stock. I also remember seeing photos in Four Wheeler(?) magazine of a 2011 Grand Cherokee post earning that badge and it was in a condition that would make my wife very upset with me if it came home looking like that.
    Last edited by XK N00b; 07-17-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    For all those people that have done this trail, a question.
    How long does it take to get thru it? Some read its a few days to a week.
    Also to add to my list of needed I think a metal front & rear bumper will be needed on top of what I have to get thur the trail with tearing it up.
    Any thoughts? (anyone)
    Stock except for a set of MTRs, Beats me what you would need, but we have a longer wheelbase than the 4runner, and they had dents in the doors and fenders. Might just be the lines they chose, but it makes me skeptical.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Thread Information