Thread: Rubicon Trail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XK N00b View Post
    It doesn't say anything about "completing" the trail, but this is straight from Jeep's website:

TRAIL RATED - MADE TO OVERCOME

Before a JeepĀ® 4x4 is worthy of our name, we test it on some of the toughest off-road areas in the world, including Moab and the Rubicon Trail. If it passes these tests, in five categories - traction, ground clearance, maneuverability, articulation, and water fording - it gets a Trail RatedĀ® badge, which means it can handle whatever obstacles you encounter.

I'd like to know what the standards are for those categories
    COOL! I have not looked at that on the jeep sight for a long time, but it never used to mention specific trails.
    I have been to on of the traveling jeep demonstrations where they let you test drive different jeeps. they usualy have the standards listed there. I cant remember all of them, but the water fording is usually 19-22 inches depending on which model you get. My wife's patriot is 19 inches for sure. I think 4LO is part of the requirement for the trail rated badge.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
    COOL! I have not looked at that on the jeep sight for a long time, but it never used to mention specific trails.
    I have been to on of the traveling jeep demonstrations where they let you test drive different jeeps. they usualy have the standards listed there. I cant remember all of them, but the water fording is usually 19-22 inches depending on which model you get. My wife's patriot is 19 inches for sure. I think 4LO is part of the requirement for the trail rated badge.
    XKNOOB, go a back to the jeep sight were you copy that info from.....look below that....there are bottons to click on for more info that give some of the standards.It says 19 inches for the water..but i guess that the only detail i could see.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Thread Information