Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon Trail

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Well going with the common saying at the Camp pre run a few weeks ago "if you can't clear it, Drag it"

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    was thinking along the same lines lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

For all those people that have done this trail, a question.
    How long does it take to get thru it? Some read its a few days to a week.
    Also to add to my list of needed I think a metal front & rear bumper will be needed on top of what I have to get thur the trail with tearing it up.
    Any thoughts? (anyone)
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    This is a good thread, I am very interested in going, I'm pretty confident in the Jeep and in my own ability, however this isn't something I'd do on my own. If we could organize a timeline and a recommended/required parts/equipment list, count me in.

Also, from what I understand (and I could be misinformed) that "Trail Rated" badge on the fender means that Jeep took one of these and completed the Rubicon trail with it, Stock. I also remember seeing photos in Four Wheeler(?) magazine of a 2011 Grand Cherokee post earning that badge and it was in a condition that would make my wife very upset with me if it came home looking like that.
    Last edited by XK N00b; 07-17-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XK N00b View Post
    This is a good thread, I am very interested in going, I'm pretty confident in the Jeep and in my own ability, however this isn't something I'd do on my own. If we could organize a timeline and a recommended/required parts/equipment list, count me in.

Also, from what I understand (and I could be misinformed) that "Trail Rated" badge on the fender means that Jeep took one of these and completed the Rubicon trail with it, Stock. I also remember seeing photos in Four Wheeler(?) magazine of a 2011 Grand Cherokee post earning that badge and it was in a condition that would make my wife very upset with me if it came home looking like that.

I am not so sure about the "badge" meaning it has been over that trail. i have heard that many times and its always been proven as a myth. the criteria for the badge are spelled out on the jeep web site....i dont think it mentions the rubicon trail.

I do know a few years back there was a company that took a stock xk on the rubicon trail. from the article and photos posted at that time the XK made it...just had lots of body damage. I think that is the case with any 4x4 and 4x4 trail....its not usually a question of making it...its how much damage will you have.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    They took a couple of the Trail Teams 4runners there about a year ago for the unveiling of the 2011 model. Almost every body panel was dented, and there was a good amount of scrapeing. They did not do bypasses, but from what I have read and seen online about the trail, anything close to a fullsize will come out with dents. I would like to say I have done it someday, but probably would not throw the XK at it till it is a trail only rig.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
    I am not so sure about the "badge" meaning it has been over that trail. i have heard that many times and its always been proven as a myth. the criteria for the badge are spelled out on the jeep web site....i dont think it mentions the rubicon trail.
    It doesn't say anything about "completing" the trail, but this is straight from Jeep's website:

TRAIL RATED - MADE TO OVERCOME

Before a Jeep® 4x4 is worthy of our name, we test it on some of the toughest off-road areas in the world, including Moab and the Rubicon Trail. If it passes these tests, in five categories - traction, ground clearance, maneuverability, articulation, and water fording - it gets a Trail Rated® badge, which means it can handle whatever obstacles you encounter.

I'd like to know what the standards are for those categories
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

I rather not dent the heck out of mine as well, now the 4 runners that was dented up, were they stock or built? How much modding do we need to ours to prevent to dent up the rig; if poss?
    I do agree about what was said about doing as a group thing verses doing alone if enough wants to join in.

thoughts?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by XK N00b View Post
    It doesn't say anything about "completing" the trail, but this is straight from Jeep's website:

TRAIL RATED - MADE TO OVERCOME

Before a Jeep® 4x4 is worthy of our name, we test it on some of the toughest off-road areas in the world, including Moab and the Rubicon Trail. If it passes these tests, in five categories - traction, ground clearance, maneuverability, articulation, and water fording - it gets a Trail Rated® badge, which means it can handle whatever obstacles you encounter.

I'd like to know what the standards are for those categories
    COOL! I have not looked at that on the jeep sight for a long time, but it never used to mention specific trails.
    I have been to on of the traveling jeep demonstrations where they let you test drive different jeeps. they usualy have the standards listed there. I cant remember all of them, but the water fording is usually 19-22 inches depending on which model you get. My wife's patriot is 19 inches for sure. I think 4LO is part of the requirement for the trail rated badge.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Quote Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
    COOL! I have not looked at that on the jeep sight for a long time, but it never used to mention specific trails.
    I have been to on of the traveling jeep demonstrations where they let you test drive different jeeps. they usualy have the standards listed there. I cant remember all of them, but the water fording is usually 19-22 inches depending on which model you get. My wife's patriot is 19 inches for sure. I think 4LO is part of the requirement for the trail rated badge.
    XKNOOB, go a back to the jeep sight were you copy that info from.....look below that....there are bottons to click on for more info that give some of the standards.It says 19 inches for the water..but i guess that the only detail i could see.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information