Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar

Cooking

Anyone else enjoying cooking? I'm fortunate that both my wife and I do (when she's home..) and we have talked about in the future opening a restaurant/brew pub (I'm a homebrewer in case you missed that...)

So whats your specialty? What does your family/friends ask you to make when they come visit?

So far I've got tequila shrimp, shrimp pasta in a vodka cream sauce, and my ribs which are ever changing but always good. I think all three are good enough to be on my restaurant menu.. I feel like a yuppy but I kind of hate going out to restaurants anymore unless they are stupid expensive because in general I feel like I can prepare better meals than they do.. I only go out anymore for convenience or have to spend big bucks to be impressed.

Anyone else? Or am I really a food yuppy? Share your specials if you've got them. It doesn't have to be fancy, I'm still a sucker for a good grilled cheese, I feel like it's my kryptonite, I can't make right to save my life, along with meat loaf.. go figure.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    We cook quite a bit.... my wife didn't cook when we first met, but over the years she has taken over the kitchen. Our "signature" is our chicken cacciatore! Started with my Grandmom (we're 100% Italian), then my dad modified it (he's a really good cook) and we've made our own adjustments. The meat literally falls off the bones and has flavor all the way through.

.... i think we're going to make that tomorrow now that im craving it...

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I like me some home made tacos or Pizza.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I like me some home made tacos or Pizza.
    Do you make the pizza dough too?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Do you make the pizza dough too?
    No, I have always wanted to try but have fallen back on store bought.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

My wife has made pizza dough in her bread machine, take all the hard work out of it and turned out pretty well.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    We have always made good wings. Dry seasoned wings. Oven bake them for about and hour, toss them in your favorite seasoning.. and then grill till crispy. My girl makes great baked ziti.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Bacon Wraped Filets, Juicy Lucy Cheese Burgers (2 1/2 lb burgers put together with a slice of cheese in the middle), Chicked Parmesan, and hot wings on the grill. I do 90% of the cooking. Used to work at a winery and filled in on the Grill.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    My mom and aunts were right off the boat from Italy and taught my wife how to cook so its all better then any Italian restaurants. The wife was born in Scotland so I get those hardy Scottish dishes as well two bites and your full LOL. I only cook meat I do the steaks ribs and such not all the time because its like a 3 day process. We eat out a lot mostly BBQ or steak houses which are pretty good down here.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I cook dinner every night, well unless we go out on the weekend. I cant say I love to cook but its not too bad. My wife works an hour away so I pick up my daughter at afterschool and get home and try to have dinner on the table at 6:00. I do breakfast on the weekends also. I would much rather go home after work and cook dinner than order a pizza, blah !
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information