Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I spent two tours in Viet Nam flying Huey's, then spent ten years working in Ophthalmology, and the last thirty years developing Surgery Centers all over the country. Thirteen years ago we started building Mobile versions of fully licensed and Medicare approved Surgery Centers. We also build all kinds of other mobile health care units. My web site is www.amohs.com

2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    wow thats pretty neat.. my wife is actually applying for Ophthalmology residencies starting next month.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I toured Huey's plant a couple years ago, pretty cool place.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    I'm an engineer (EE and CS) and design radiation monitoring instruments. I worked for a radiation instruments company for 13 years, then started a CAD software company then went back to consulting for my first employer for a few more years before starting my present company in 2002. It's called Bladewerx. We also do radiation shielding materials.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    It is amazing how far CAD software has advanced. I was the first person to use AutoCad on a portable computer. The first Compaq computer looked like a sewing machine with a flip down keyboard. You had to pay $1,000 for an optional 10 meg hard drive. I bought AutoCad version 1.1A and it would not run on the Compaq until the single tech at Autodesk and I worked out the bugs in the software to get it working. I would use it to design Surgery centers. When I went to the state department of health to get the state architects to review the plans, I would take them out to the parking lot to make the changes in the drawings and get sign off right away. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    CAD software was always available for the big guys but AutoDesk opened a whole new market. In 1992 I wrote a Windows-based CAD package for designing sheetmetal parts using a machine shop metaphor where the designer would start with a flat piece of material, punch out a shape then fold it up. He could then dimension the 3D model as needed and it would resize the flat pattern and all the operations, accounting for bend allowances. It was a huge change from the drafting metaphor used by all the CAD packages at the time--hence, one reason it didn't sell very well. I did get an inquiry from a guy by the name of Jon Hirschtick who, with a couple of partners had written this neat little program called Solidworks and were looking for someone to do the sheetmetal package for it. I turned them down :-( That's my story and I'm sticking to it also!
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Senior Member Getting Dirty sean112280's Avatar
    Active Duty Army. I am a signal support systems NCO.(Commo guy)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    IT Management for Frontier Comm. in the FiOS Group
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Dang so far everyone has a real job. I'm almost embarrassed to say I play and promote electronic darts for a living. On second thought I'm not at all embarrassed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information