Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Size Spare tire

Junior Member Looking for Dirt SKIUTAHJEEP's Avatar
    Yes, I plan on rotating in the 5th wheel. I need a new wheel regardless because if I got a flat up front I would need a wheel with a 25 offset so the tire does not hit the knuckle.
    With the 5 tire rotation, do you think I am ok to rotate every 5k miles or should i stay closer to 3-4k?
    2008 Sport, 3.7L, QT-1
    Current Mods: 2.25" RR lift with RR rear shocks, 265/70-17 Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2, 17" MB wheels v-drive.
    New Mods: Front Tow hooks, and 1 MOAB sticker.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'd just stick with 5k... keep it simple

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    5k is fine I'm doing mine every 6k when I do my oil change and there wearing perfectly.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I do oil every 3k and rotation every 6k. Seems to be working alright, Sal what kind of oil are you using to go every 6k, I have an extended warrenty and heard they get voided if you don't follow exactly to specs.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Uh oh I sense an oil discussion brewing! Lol.

FWIW, I use a group 3 or group 4 synthetic (Amsoil) and change my oil & rotate tires every 5k. Its easy to keep track of (anyone can divide by 5) and I know its safe.

Cool I have just heard things about these extended warrenty companies being shady if you don't follow the exact timetable Jeep recomended. If I can use another oil and do it every 5 or 6 it would be great. If you guys have any experience with these I would greatly appreciate an input.

thanks
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

You can get oil analysis done to prove the oil is good. I have never heard of an engine failure where the owner was on a legitimate oil change cycle... whether it be 3k, 5k or even 7.5k. Use a quality synthetic oil, stick to a good schedule and don't stress about it IMO. If you do happen to have a major failure (unlikely) then grab a sample and have the oil tested. That will either prove to your warranty company that the oil wasn't at fault OR if it was, most oil companies have their own warranty and should cover you there.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I was covered

If you want to be safe, send them an email and get something in writing. My comments don't have any legal bearing on your warranty contract. I just know what I'd do.... and I'm also capable of making technical arguments to ensure I'm covered based on 5k intervals with synthetics. (In other words, I'd make it more of a nightmare for them to try denying my claim than its worth. But that how insurance companies make money.... they deny claims and see who bites)

Gotcha, well I will check into that. Did you get my message about your front tow hooks?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information