Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't believe this - Crazy

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    The 4 door JK gets about the same MPG's you're getting now and thats stock.
    Not true. If you remember Ludski from the other forum he now has a 4 door JK with a leveling kit on it for now with the BFG KM 1's that come on it and he gets 19 miles per galloon give or take. I know ive been out of school for a day now but last time I check from his 19 mpg to my 11 mpg he is get 8 mpg better.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Driving style has a lot to do with it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1024 View Post
    Not true. If you remember Ludski from the other forum he now has a 4 door JK with a leveling kit on it for now with the BFG KM 1's that come on it and he gets 19 miles per galloon give or take. I know ive been out of school for a day now but last time I check from his 19 mpg to my 11 mpg he is get 8 mpg better.
    We have the same engine and I get 15MPG. 19MPG is the high end of a JK. My buddy I wheel with all the time is getting 13 to 14 MPG running 38" tires but 5:11 gears as well. But guess who's jeep he slept in at camp commander ahahhaha lots of pros and cons between the both jeeps I don't thing MPG's would be one IMO.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    We have the same engine and I get 15MPG. 19MPG is the high end of a JK. My buddy I wheel with all the time is getting 13 to 14 MPG running 38" tires but 5:11 gears as well. But guess who's jeep he slept in at camp commander ahahhaha lots of pros and cons between the both jeeps I don't thing MPG's would be one IMO.
    Well if you put 38's on a commander with 5.11 gears I dont think i could handle reading the gas mileage there... But if youre running 32's with just the stock 3.73 I believe it is then they easily get 19 city or at least he does.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1024 View Post
    .. But if youre running 32's with just the stock 3.73 I believe it is then they easily get 19 city or at least he does.
    Seriously man... think about it. How does someone "easily" get 19 city when the vehicle is EPA tested & certified at 15 city / 19 highway?

I get 13-14 city in my XK and can get over 16 on the highway if I keep my speed below 75mph. Does that mean the Hemi "easily" gets better gas mileage than the 4.7L?

I have a friend with a 4 door JK and he gets about 17 MPG on the highway. He drives a lot (~80 miles a day) so he got a used beat up civic that was in an accident and fixed it for driving to work. So per my experience, which happens to comply with the MPG all of these vehicles are rated for getting, gas mileage is definitely not a reason to swap out for a JK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information