Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
Out off all the crazy stuff I've done to my XK I guess this is by far the craziest. I've received some compliments but I've received a lot of your just nuts and some negative reactions. I never do anything to impress or show off it's not my style but if you don't like it say once and leave it at that ya know what I mean. My wife actually started giving me a structural explanation using the wrangle as a example of why there doors come off and why mine should go back on. LMAO not really laughing she's starting to annoy me actually. She's wearing down some the doors are probably going back on soon maybe. The wife's usually pretty cool with the stuff I do to the Jeep she's never complained about all the trips and wheeling or the money spent on it so I think I'll have to give in on this one and just take the doors off for the trails. I'll look into tubed doors this winter that might make it look better door less as well.
Unbolting parts and putting them back on is considered forward thinking. Cutting them off so they have to be surgically grafted back on would be crazy. Either way I feel your pain. I've long had the notion to remove the ring finger on my left hand, but my wife will have none of it.