Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doors Off

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Sal, how long were you without oxygen?? LOL.... Some netting would be a good idea
    to keep things from entering or exiting the XK. Neil commented on strength provided
    by the doors. So Iwonder, will the unibody twist? Will the doors line up again when
    you try to put them back on?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Like I said with two tires off the ground I've opened all the doors and rear lid and nothing happened at all they all closed perfectly. IMO the unibody will hold with no problem.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I saw your response to Neil after I posted my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    I saw your response to Neil after I posted my comment.
    It's cool bro I figured were getting old you may have missed it. I put a driver side mirror on. I didn't like not having a mirror and it complies with the law now. As usual put on with what ever I had laying around the garage.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I thought I had seen just about everything...

Glad I saw it HERE first!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Check this out... about 1 minute in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmRkf...eature=related

The designers probably took a note from one of the issues with the XJ where people had issues with doors lining back up after twisting offroad and such. Wasn't enough to see... just enough to cause an issue with door seals and whatnot.

I only made one trip with it in its current configuration I'm going to start listing the pros and cons for myself. A couple of cons I came up with right a way. I lost four speakers and just have the front dash ones that kinda stinks. Weather is another one the rain not that big of a deal but the AC really don't work to well LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    CON:
    Lots of dust/dirt will make its way into the vehicle when offroad. Be prepared for doubling extensive wash time... (lol and this would NOT be a good idea of trail in NJ where its impossible to go anywhere without a few mud/water holes.)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    That is great, you should get some simple tube doors modified or made, you might have started a new trend.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    CON:
    Lots of dust/dirt will make its way into the vehicle when offroad. Be prepared for doubling extensive wash time... (lol and this would NOT be a good idea of trail in NJ where its impossible to go anywhere without a few mud/water holes.)
    I have dust everywhere inside the jeep Uwharrie is a dust bowl I never can keep it out anyway. I'm sure, wait I'm positive this is not for everybody LOL I don't treat my XK like 99% of the people I realize this. I don't worry about resale either because even if I buy another jeep this one will probably stay with us for a long time. To date except for the bumper mod I haven't done anything I can't reverse I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    That is great, you should get some simple tube doors modified or made, you might have started a new trend.
    Maybe this winter I'll see whats up with something like that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information