Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Doors Off

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Out off all the crazy stuff I've done to my XK I guess this is by far the craziest. I've received some compliments but I've received a lot of your just nuts and some negative reactions. I never do anything to impress or show off it's not my style but if you don't like it say once and leave it at that ya know what I mean. My wife actually started giving me a structural explanation using the wrangle as a example of why there doors come off and why mine should go back on. LMAO not really laughing she's starting to annoy me actually. She's wearing down some the doors are probably going back on soon maybe. The wife's usually pretty cool with the stuff I do to the Jeep she's never complained about all the trips and wheeling or the money spent on it so I think I'll have to give in on this one and just take the doors off for the trails. I'll look into tubed doors this winter that might make it look better door less as well.
    Unbolting parts and putting them back on is considered forward thinking. Cutting them off so they have to be surgically grafted back on would be crazy. Either way I feel your pain. I've long had the notion to remove the ring finger on my left hand, but my wife will have none of it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We went down to the lake today to go swimming and saw a 4-Runner in the lot with doors removed. He had some tube doors on the front.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I put my doors back on by myself I just man handled the doors in. The fronts were pretty heavy of course but I just lined up the paint lines and all is well. All the lines line up on the doors and fenders it looks normal. The rears took a couple of minuets the fronts took about 15 minuets a piece including the fender and wheel well work.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    I would say if your Jeep was strickly a trail rig, then leave the doors off. But, since its your daily its better with the doors on it. At least you can claim you did it and now the rest of us know it can be done.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    I think it would be fun to have them off once in awhile, but would hate the dust! And if you hit water or mud, its all coming in onto your interior. Like Tymac said, you can put them on and take them off when you want, its not like you cut them off with a torch. i do like the "outside the box" thinking!!!
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

My original intent was to take the drivers door off to see how feasible it would be for doing just for the trails. Of course I got carried away and just did them all LOL I drove two days with the doors off it was OK all the benefits I see are trail related better visibility and can't dent whats not there.

Bump for the war wagon happy reading

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Bump for the war wagon happy reading

Ok... I'm gonna vote with your wife on this one.

I'm FROM NC though - I'm betting I've seen CRAZIER things on the road than that. Your native neighbors probably think more highly of you now, though!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information