Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Overland Trail Rated?

Member Looking for Dirt
    I know the Legacy grew significantly in 2010, but I'm shocked you had so much issues with your '09 for room. I used a rear facing seat in both my '04 WRX and later in my '10 STI (both are Impreza based). It was tight but it fit, keep in mind I'm 6' tall as well. I will say, the Commander does have more room though.

We are currently paying on both our cars. Once we pay off the STI, I hope to add a 3rd car but it will be something with substantially better fuel economy. Thinking TDI Passat or something. At that time, my wife will get the new car and I will have both the Commander and STI. Like to Autocross the STI and do a 2" lift and bigger tires for the Jeep for some light trail work.
    2008 Jeep Commander Overland

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah it must have been a combination of the way the Legacy seats were configured /shaped and the brand of removable rear facing car seat we had. When I say it wouldn't fit, I mean that literally. 6 foot tall or 5 foot tall doesn't matter, it wasn't "uncomfortable", the passenger seat in front of the car-seat was "unusable" except for storage.

I forgot they redesigned in '10. Will definitely have to check that out!
    Last edited by Matt; 08-01-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carb850 View Post
    Nice video's, thanks for posting! My hat's off to you, not sure I would have the confidence to go down that trail.

When you broke your halfshaft, did you go back stock or are there any upgrades available?
    I had replaced it with a Napa Refurb, comes with a full 3 year warranty. Looks pretty stout. Also the reviews of them were pretty cool. I thought of upgrading it, but decided not to because now I know what my fail point is & it is cheaper then a gear box, plus I feel the only reason I broke was because I was WAY TO HEAVY with 7 passangers in it at the time lol. Plus also I know now if needed I can change it out on the trail if I break one again. After you lift it & play off road you will build your confidence in your rig, it will surprise you & all around.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    LMAO when they told you to pull your mirror in and you just pressed a button hahahaha that was priceless bro, I love it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    LMAO when they told you to pull your mirror in and you just pressed a button hahahaha that was priceless bro, I love it.
    I know I want to start over with an Overland because of that video.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Also they were expecting me to do the auto open of the rear tail gate thats why the camera went to the back. lol They give me so much cr*p for having a such new jeep out on the trail with them. I will say this ever since then they are always happy for me to come out & play, because they don't have to nurse maid me. They know I will wheel it the way it was ment to be wheeled.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information