Thread: Overland Trail Rated?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    Greetings!

I am a fellow Jeep/Subaru owner. My [wife's] Subie is an Outback XT - not as quick as an STi, but still lots of fun.

I also have an Overland (MY2007) and can tell you that you are most certainly Trail Rated, even if the badge isn't there. Don't sweat the small stuff. Get out there and have some fun!

Cool, another Suby and Commander owner. I'm a big fan of the Outback's, I nearly got a 2010 3.6 Outback over my STI. Both are nice though.
    2008 Jeep Commander Overland

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carb850 View Post
    Cool, another Suby and Commander owner. I'm a big fan of the Outback's, I nearly got a 2010 3.6 Outback over my STI. Both are nice though.
    I actually traded in our 2009 Legacy Special Edition (5spd) for the XK. Loved the car, but it's basically useless with an infant car seat (renders the passenger seat 100% useless, literally. A small person couldn't fit uncomfortably). So we traded it in for the XK before baby #2 came.

Will probably get another Suby once we're done with the rear facing car seat and have the XK paid off. Would be nice to have a nice fuel efficient "family" car again.

Member Looking for Dirt
    I know the Legacy grew significantly in 2010, but I'm shocked you had so much issues with your '09 for room. I used a rear facing seat in both my '04 WRX and later in my '10 STI (both are Impreza based). It was tight but it fit, keep in mind I'm 6' tall as well. I will say, the Commander does have more room though.

We are currently paying on both our cars. Once we pay off the STI, I hope to add a 3rd car but it will be something with substantially better fuel economy. Thinking TDI Passat or something. At that time, my wife will get the new car and I will have both the Commander and STI. Like to Autocross the STI and do a 2" lift and bigger tires for the Jeep for some light trail work.
    2008 Jeep Commander Overland

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah it must have been a combination of the way the Legacy seats were configured /shaped and the brand of removable rear facing car seat we had. When I say it wouldn't fit, I mean that literally. 6 foot tall or 5 foot tall doesn't matter, it wasn't "uncomfortable", the passenger seat in front of the car-seat was "unusable" except for storage.

I forgot they redesigned in '10. Will definitely have to check that out!
    Last edited by Matt; 08-01-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Thread Information