Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overland Trail Rated?

Member Looking for Dirt
    Definitely keep me posted. Any excursion would have to be pretty tame as long as it is my wifes DD. I cannot blame here though, my Subaru is my play car. I cannot corner both rides as my person play vehicles. That is why I want to pay mine off ASAP so once we get something else the Commander will become my second play car.
    2008 Jeep Commander Overland

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I hear ya just don't take your doors off the commander the wives don't like that LMAO

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carb850 View Post
    Definitely keep me posted. Any excursion would have to be pretty tame as long as it is my wifes DD. I cannot blame here though, my Subaru is my play car. I cannot corner both rides as my person play vehicles. That is why I want to pay mine off ASAP so once we get something else the Commander will become my second play car.
    Greetings!

I am a fellow Jeep/Subaru owner. My [wife's] Subie is an Outback XT - not as quick as an STi, but still lots of fun.

I also have an Overland (MY2007) and can tell you that you are most certainly Trail Rated, even if the badge isn't there. Don't sweat the small stuff. Get out there and have some fun!

2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I as well have a 2007 Overland and as was stated before everything is standard thats why nothing listed as a option and YES THEY ARE TRAIL RATED!!!!!!! Trust me on that. I have put mine thru a lot and then some. You have a great platform and once you get it off road you will be happy. I am all the time. The only thing I am missing is the DVD player, other than that it has every thing there is offered already installed & love it.

here is some videos of me playing in mine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-oL28GS2dg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHV-zlK_wcg
    Spectator View
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2umytLd86v8
    Drivers View

the first link was from a year before
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I as well have a 2007 Overland and as was stated before everything is standard thats why nothing listed as a option and YES THEY ARE TRAIL RATED!!!!!!! Trust me on that. I have put mine thru a lot and then some. You have a great platform and once you get it off road you will be happy. I am all the time. The only thing I am missing is the DVD player, other than that it has every thing there is offered already installed & love it.

Spectator View
    Drivers View

Awesome, I would probably hesitate before dropping into that notch. Great videos!
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Thanks. One thing I did learn don't do those trails with 7 people in the jeep like I did lol. Gpoing down the trail was fine, but when I turned around & went back up I broke the halfshaft in half. It was one hell of a ride tho lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Yeah 7 people you were just a tad bit weighed down. I was worried last weekend because we didnt have time to unload the Jeep before Saturdays Trail run. It handles soo much better when its lighter.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    Greetings!

I am a fellow Jeep/Subaru owner. My [wife's] Subie is an Outback XT - not as quick as an STi, but still lots of fun.

I also have an Overland (MY2007) and can tell you that you are most certainly Trail Rated, even if the badge isn't there. Don't sweat the small stuff. Get out there and have some fun!

Cool, another Suby and Commander owner. I'm a big fan of the Outback's, I nearly got a 2010 3.6 Outback over my STI. Both are nice though.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post

Spectator View
    Drivers View

Nice video's, thanks for posting! My hat's off to you, not sure I would have the confidence to go down that trail.

When you broke your halfshaft, did you go back stock or are there any upgrades available?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carb850 View Post
    Cool, another Suby and Commander owner. I'm a big fan of the Outback's, I nearly got a 2010 3.6 Outback over my STI. Both are nice though.
    I actually traded in our 2009 Legacy Special Edition (5spd) for the XK. Loved the car, but it's basically useless with an infant car seat (renders the passenger seat 100% useless, literally. A small person couldn't fit uncomfortably). So we traded it in for the XK before baby #2 came.

Will probably get another Suby once we're done with the rear facing car seat and have the XK paid off. Would be nice to have a nice fuel efficient "family" car again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information