Thread: Rage Roof Basket Review $144.00 Shipped

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The mounts I uses that were suggested by Doc

Last edited by Sal-XK; 06-16-2010 at 05:02 PM.

One month review

06/05/2010 Ok I have had this basket installed for about a month now. It seems to be a good buy so far. I loaded it down drove 7hrs to VA then drove up the mountain. Then hit the trails and the trails hit the basket. Loaded back down drove 7hrs again. I had no issues no sagging no problems and I don't hear it at highway speeds. I've been off road several times with this basket and have hit it several times on trees and once on my kids basket ball net. It still looks good so far none of the scratches have exposed any metal there is diffidently more then one coat of paint on this. No part of the mesh floor is out of shape and I did put some weight on it as well as some hard pulling hooking bungee cords to it and its all still laying flat I'm only running two crossbars. All the welds seem to be of good quality. So far I'd have to give two thumbs up. For the price of $109 so far a good choice. The only down side is the air dam. It came chipped and has never sat flat on the basket kinda have a wave to it. It might be my fault maybe not sure. But probably going to toss it any way to mount lights so no big deal I guess. It's been raining like crazy the last two weeks and the humidity has been rising and no signs of rust on the basket. This is only the one month review it seems solid and my confidence is increasing daily for this bargain buy. I will post more reviews over time and after some more trips with this thing loaded down.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 06-16-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Up date

I am starting to notice some rust on the basket. Its on the cage or the floor where it attaches to the 1" bar. It is light surface rust but its still rust. I'm starting to wonder how strong or dependable the floor may be. I guess I will have to hit the rust spots up with some paint. Attaching straps to threw the cage has held up it still laying flat. I did stand in the basket loading it this past weekend and it held up. I will have to say if I had the extra 3 to 4 hundred dollars for one the same size I would do it. But for those of us that can't spend that amount so far so good. What I should of done was hit all the welds and stuff with extra rust proofing before I installed this basket. But who knew right the rust is showing up where no scratches were or could be made. The rust is not visible until you crawl up there and look it is very small but its there.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 06-16-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Thread Information