Thread: will go forward in 4 lo, but will not go in 4 hi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    this the trail I broke on
    http://youtu.be/yHV-zlK_wcg (view from the outside) Language Warning!

the video is of me going down, it wasn't until I went back up the trail until I broke
    Last edited by Knappster; 06-17-2011 at 09:54 AM. Reason: addded info
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Holy mackerel! That's a serious V notch!!
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

LOL When I tell people I wheel this they laugh until they see where I go play. This was @ TSF in OR. I can get there in less then 4 hours from my place North of Seattle. It is a blast, you should come out & play. If you look at some of the other videos from the person that uploaded that one you will see his trail blazer that he has got put together & he catches mess like we do with our rigs, also you will see more of thew trails @ this off road park. its a blast, but it is not for the light hearted lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Sometimes I think the XK's ''soccer mom'' look is an advantage for having fun. It certainly can embarrass other 4x4's. I've done that more than a few times in ''play'' areas around here. I have youtube of one such place that makes for teetering tires as the ditch-bank-steep hill is ''stair-stepped'' from all the spinning tires of people who can't make it up.

The best ever was a crowd on top of the hill watching a Chevy truck with 44" Monster Mudder tires flinging cubic yards of dirt. He finally made it to the top, but barely, and after three times of backing up to the bottom for another attempt. We then drove up in low range 1st without so much as disturbing the dirt. My only regret was not telling my buddy to snap photos of the slack-jawed crowd. We topped out like it was nothing, then just drove on and left. I even had my arm hanging out the window like I was just leisurely sight-seeing.

Another one is called ''Roll Over Hill" in a place called "The Slab" near Zillah Washington. We didn't know what the hill was called at the time; found out later. My buddy took video from the bottom as we went up. You can see the whole roof and hood of the XK because we were rocked back about 30+ degrees. (I gotta get that from Mike so we can youtube it!) A couple of guys in a Toyota 4-Runner were parked at the top, and gave is really funny looks. We didn't just climb it once either, we did it three times as Mike changed camera positions. The second time, we stopped halfway up because I thought he wasn't filming yet, then continued on. I think those guys in the 4-Runner just didn't believe their own eyeballs.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

love it. I need to come by where you are so you can show me these places. I'm just north of Seattle so it should not take that long to get there.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by Adondo View Post
    Holy mackerel! That's a serious V notch!!
    BTW not a scratch thru out all the trails I did to the body, now the skids & belly pan completely different story. The belly took a really hard hit from what I saw from being under it last night.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Thread Information