Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: will go forward in 4 lo, but will not go in 4 hi

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    LOL When I tell people I wheel this they laugh until they see where I go play. This was @ TSF in OR. I can get there in less then 4 hours from my place North of Seattle. It is a blast, you should come out & play. If you look at some of the other videos from the person that uploaded that one you will see his trail blazer that he has got put together & he catches mess like we do with our rigs, also you will see more of thew trails @ this off road park. its a blast, but it is not for the light hearted lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Sometimes I think the XK's ''soccer mom'' look is an advantage for having fun. It certainly can embarrass other 4x4's. I've done that more than a few times in ''play'' areas around here. I have youtube of one such place that makes for teetering tires as the ditch-bank-steep hill is ''stair-stepped'' from all the spinning tires of people who can't make it up.

The best ever was a crowd on top of the hill watching a Chevy truck with 44" Monster Mudder tires flinging cubic yards of dirt. He finally made it to the top, but barely, and after three times of backing up to the bottom for another attempt. We then drove up in low range 1st without so much as disturbing the dirt. My only regret was not telling my buddy to snap photos of the slack-jawed crowd. We topped out like it was nothing, then just drove on and left. I even had my arm hanging out the window like I was just leisurely sight-seeing.

Another one is called ''Roll Over Hill" in a place called "The Slab" near Zillah Washington. We didn't know what the hill was called at the time; found out later. My buddy took video from the bottom as we went up. You can see the whole roof and hood of the XK because we were rocked back about 30+ degrees. (I gotta get that from Mike so we can youtube it!) A couple of guys in a Toyota 4-Runner were parked at the top, and gave is really funny looks. We didn't just climb it once either, we did it three times as Mike changed camera positions. The second time, we stopped halfway up because I thought he wasn't filming yet, then continued on. I think those guys in the 4-Runner just didn't believe their own eyeballs.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

love it. I need to come by where you are so you can show me these places. I'm just north of Seattle so it should not take that long to get there.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by Adondo View Post
    Holy mackerel! That's a serious V notch!!
    BTW not a scratch thru out all the trails I did to the body, now the skids & belly pan completely different story. The belly took a really hard hit from what I saw from being under it last night.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Well, you have to dislodge the upper balljoint, the tie rod and take off the lower fork bolt (which people often complain about when installing leveilng kits on these vehicles). So its somewhat of a PITA to do trail side... but doable.

I liked my Silverado... take off the axle nut, unbolt the flange at the diff and then slide it right out. 20 minutes tops.
    after 2 hours I had to call it a night & will go back to it today. this is a royal pain in the rear. I did get a reman half shaft for 44.00 just such a pain to swap out
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    good luck keep us informed I'm guessing this is a part people like me and you better get use to replacing so take good notes

Got married yesterday so was not able to get back to the jeep, but will today as part of my fathers day lol. So far I have the upper ball joint & the strut fork & the swaybar link and the tie rod disconnected & the axle will not come out of the hub, so today will disco the lower ball joint & then should be able to pull out. Man this is a royle pain in my rear
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Got married yesterday
    Congratulations!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thank you.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information