Thread: Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012 / MOAB UT / May 14 -17, 2012 (pre-event thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    I guess from what knappster posted about the temps....it looks pretty reasonable....or i guess easily survivable.
    I was just going by what a few other were saying when we were standing around talking about it last year at WCCC.

I guess a more realistic question for those that have been there: Would rigs withwout a 4inch lift survive?...I have only seen trialbyfire, Kmax, Phunkey, and may be a couple others post photos of moab.... but i think they all had 4inch lifts or more, and 33-34 inch tire or so.
    I am just guessing there would be damage expected to nearly every rig that went. it may be a small price to pay for an awesome gathering! lol
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
    I guess a more realistic question for those that have been there: Would rigs withwout a 4inch lift survive?...I have only seen trialbyfire, Kmax, Phunkey, and may be a couple others post photos of moab.... but i think they all had 4inch lifts or more, and 33-34 inch tire or so.
    I am just guessing there would be damage expected to nearly every rig that went. it may be a small price to pay for an awesome gathering! lol
    There are lots of runs you could do with a 2" lift. When I had my 2" RR lift and 245/70s, we did Metal Masher and Seven Bar Rim w/o too much dragging. Hoaxci had no problems on Fins and Things.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I'm down for this
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Me and the old lady would make a trip from Missouri for this.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    I guess this video means that there are different levels of trails there.
    I couldnt believe this!
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
    I guess this video means that there are different levels of trails there.
    I couldnt believe this!
    Yes, that is a great video! He's on a fairly easy section of stock-friendly Fins and Things which appears pretty steep in the video due to the long lens.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    There's a gazillion Crown Vic cop cars, so they must have something going for them.

It does seem out of place to see a family sedan out there, but from stories my mom & dad have talked about from their days in Trona CA, it was common to see a 1950's Bel Aire or even old Model T's miles and miles from anything. They'd ride a Harley in the Panamint Mountains. One time, they saw a brand new Buick with an old couple coming down a sand road, then going up a steep rocky hill. They stopped on the way by. They were full up with supplies and heading back to their mining camp in a shiny new (Then) 1960's Buick sedan.

You just never know...
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Thread Information