Thread: Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012 / MOAB UT / May 14 -17, 2012 (pre-event thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt NoMatter's Avatar
    Thanks for all the kind comments and concern. I plan on calling Tuesday afternoon to release my cabin reservation unless someone wants it speak up soon. As always without pics it didn't happen so here is a couple post op xrays

2007 XK 4.7 liter OME HD 265/70/17

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    yeah I would get those blown up and framed for my wall if I were you. That is an epic break sir^^^^
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar
    Holy crap Huey. I assume you pull your Commander inside that monster trailer. YOu must have a couple of engines in that RV. I'd be a nervous wreck driving that thing to Utah. I know I'd rip the top off pulling under the overhang at a gas station.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Nope, only one engine. It actually pulls fine. On a level road I can easily do 75. On a hill is a different story, but I do not mind. It is better to slow me down going up and down hills anyway. I was planning on going I-70 thru Kansas and Colorado but I now think I will go I-44 then I-40 to Gallup and then north to Moab. I want to avoid the high passes in Colorado. I hope that going north from Gallup is like going to Buena Vista, Co from Albuquerque. That route was up north thru north/south valleys instead of over mountains. If anybody knows how level the route from Gallup to Moab, I would like some feedback.

Funny story: We pulled into a campground this evening before dark. About 40 people gathered to see what would come out of the back of the "Slick Trailer". I tried to charge admission for the show, but they stayed around anyway. Two of the guys were members of the Jeep Commander Forum. I told them we were slowly making our way to Moab for the Camp Commander. One of the younger guys wanted to travel in the stacker to Moab, said " just let him have a case of MRE's and some water and he would hitch hike back after the camp.

BTW...We do not do gas stations because I can just see the same thing. I always try to get deisel fuel from truck stops using the same pumps as the 18 wheelers. I also have fuel fillers locations on both sides for faster fueling, but I always just use one of them.
    Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 04-25-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Thread Information