Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012 / MOAB UT / May 14 -17, 2012 (pre-event thread)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear that, The Ultimate Jeep Summit 2013 will be back in Silverton Colorado I think so maybe that will work out for you.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    That's a real bummer. I was looking forward to meeting you.
    My prayers for a speedy recovery and hope to see you next year.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Our plans have changed. We are now planning to attend in Moab. I called and it looks like we will need two sites, probably 33 and 34. They do not have any long sites. We will be bringing the newly finished theatre and game arcade. Tokens are available at the door...LOL. We will also have open space in case someone in a tent needs to sleep out of the rain by using air mattresses in the Stacker trailer.

Home theatre and game arcade pictures.

2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic News, looking forward to seeing you two again.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    That's great news!
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

I talked with Annette at the campground, she is concerned about us even getting into the campground. She suggested unhooking and pulling the Stacker in with a Jeep. I tried that before and I think I slightly bent the carrier away from the rear door. I will probably have to stay at the Portal campground about 3 miles away. She said it is has a newer section for big rigs. She also said that her campground is downtown in congestion. Lee is calling now.

I think that there is a conspiricy going on here. They have a hot tub for the princess at the Portal campground...lol

Trial by Fire, Maybe we can convoy from Kansas, we will be coming thru there.

Doug, the owner called from the Portal and we have reservations for there. What sealed the deal for Lee is that they have a spring fed swimming pool for dogs....lol

Even better news, since we will only need one site instead of two it will cost about $250 for the 5 days instead of $500 for two sites
    Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 04-07-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Member Looking for Dirt NoMatter's Avatar
    Thanks for all the kind comments and concern. I plan on calling Tuesday afternoon to release my cabin reservation unless someone wants it speak up soon. As always without pics it didn't happen so here is a couple post op xrays

2007 XK 4.7 liter OME HD 265/70/17

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    yeah I would get those blown up and framed for my wall if I were you. That is an epic break sir^^^^
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar
    Holy crap Huey. I assume you pull your Commander inside that monster trailer. YOu must have a couple of engines in that RV. I'd be a nervous wreck driving that thing to Utah. I know I'd rip the top off pulling under the overhang at a gas station.

Nope, only one engine. It actually pulls fine. On a level road I can easily do 75. On a hill is a different story, but I do not mind. It is better to slow me down going up and down hills anyway. I was planning on going I-70 thru Kansas and Colorado but I now think I will go I-44 then I-40 to Gallup and then north to Moab. I want to avoid the high passes in Colorado. I hope that going north from Gallup is like going to Buena Vista, Co from Albuquerque. That route was up north thru north/south valleys instead of over mountains. If anybody knows how level the route from Gallup to Moab, I would like some feedback.

Funny story: We pulled into a campground this evening before dark. About 40 people gathered to see what would come out of the back of the "Slick Trailer". I tried to charge admission for the show, but they stayed around anyway. Two of the guys were members of the Jeep Commander Forum. I told them we were slowly making our way to Moab for the Camp Commander. One of the younger guys wanted to travel in the stacker to Moab, said " just let him have a case of MRE's and some water and he would hitch hike back after the camp.

BTW...We do not do gas stations because I can just see the same thing. I always try to get deisel fuel from truck stops using the same pumps as the 18 wheelers. I also have fuel fillers locations on both sides for faster fueling, but I always just use one of them.
    Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 04-25-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information