Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Jeep Summit 2012 / MOAB UT / May 14 -17, 2012 (pre-event thread)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    We are definately out. I turned in my letter of resignation at work for May 25th. I'm moving to Peoria.....Not to worry Jon.....Illinois. So I will be preparing for that move plus the kids are still in school for us as well. I won't even make it to Colorado this summer. I parted out my YJ in 1 week, but refuse to let go of my XK. Now I just hope the CCW bill passes in Illinois.

Anyway, if you have an extradition in town ring me up. Have a safe trip and talk to you once I get settled in. Btw, I found the WCCC shirts from last year and they shipped 5/9/12. Just hope they still fit everyone.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
    We are definately out. I turned in my letter of resignation at work for May 25th. I'm moving to Peoria.....Not to worry Jon.....Illinois. So I will be preparing for that move plus the kids are still in school for us as well. I won't even make it to Colorado this summer. I parted out my YJ in 1 week, but refuse to let go of my XK. Now I just hope the CCW bill passes in Illinois.

Anyway, if you have an extradition in town ring me up. Have a safe trip and talk to you once I get settled in. Btw, I found the WCCC shirts from last year and they shipped 5/9/12. Just hope they still fit everyone.
    You will be missed my friend, hope to see you in Silverton in 2013
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    It's been touch and go here the last week too. There's two chemo "cocktails" that alternate. Cisplatin is what we call "the bad stuff" where the nurse suits up and uses double gloves just to handle the IV bag. The other is Gemzar, which isn't too bad. She is in getting the Gemzar today, so she should be okay by Saturday. (That's when we start heading south) I can say for certain if she was in getting Cisplatin today, the trip would be cancelled. While we're in Moab, it's "skip week" for the chemo, and that worked out really nice.

All I can say is if someone in your family gets cancer, making plans for anything becomes real iffy at best.
    Last edited by Adondo; 05-10-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt
    Confrimed I will be there arriving Monday mid AM cabin #93
    2006 XK LIMITED
    HEMI QD2 RR 2 1/2 inch lift BFG 265X70X17 TA
    4XGAURD belly plate, trans skid plate and rock rails
    Mopar engine skid plate Spider track spacers
    Custom made CAI and MBPRI cat back
    Hypertec Tuner

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    It will be great to see so many old friends again, wish it could have been more but we will have a great time and the others will drool until next summer.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

I have a kit full of new Canon dSLR stuff, so we'll have PLENTY of good photos to post. I also bought an ultrawide angle lens that's a step below a full fisheye. That thing can get serious amounts of subject matter in the frame! (It "sees" something like 167 degrees wide)

We should be coming in sometime Monday too.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adondo View Post
    I have a kit full of new Canon dSLR stuff, so we'll have PLENTY of good photos to post. I also bought an ultrawide angle lens that's a step below a full fisheye. That thing can get serious amounts of subject matter in the frame! (It "sees" something like 167 degrees wide)

We should be coming in sometime Monday too.
    I just purchased the Canon Rebel EOS T3i so maybe you can give me some pointers.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Oh yeah, and we'll have twin cams. Mine's the T2i, but the only real difference is the swiveling LCD screen on the back of the T3i. We can trade around lenses too. I have four now, the ultra wide 10mm-24mm, 18mm-55mm, 55mm-250mm, and a huge Sigma 80mm-400mm f/4 that's pretty much a National Geographic magazine ad lens. That thing weighs 4 lbs. and is 18" long.

I'm thinking the UWA 10-24 lens will get a lot of use in the vast landscape there. That and get all our rigs in one shot when we stop, without having to walk back 100 yards.

I've been loving my new Canon. Check out this supermoon shot I got of the cable bridge.

One more... a Jeep shot while we were on a mountain top getting wildflower shots.
    Last edited by Adondo; 05-10-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Very nice!

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Red face Door Prizes / Giveaways

I forgot to post up a section on Door Prizes / Giveaways & Awards...

If you are attending and have a giveaway let me know and we can post it up for our attending members, I will post up later today or tomorrow when I finish the list from our forum vendors.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread Information