Thread: Pinch Weld

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    The pinch weld and lack of spacers are 2 different issues. Stock wheels with larger tires will have a clearance issue with the upper ball joint stud. The pinch weld isn't nearly as important. Unless I read what he said wrong. Which has been known to happen.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Well I am picking up spacers tonight from a friend. So I will have the clearance from the bolt but now the pinch weld will be my problem. So I will have to get that done before next weekend.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    I thought you were getting the spacers from him after you put your tires on. Then it would be an issue. I run the 265's and have so little rubbing I never bothered to rework the pinch welds.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm running that size stock wheels no spacers. If the tire clears the knuckle no matter by how little it will work. The relationship between the tire and the knuckle bolt never changes no matter what. So if it clears by 1/100 of an inch in the air it will clear by that no matter what. I hope I'm making sense who knows haven't slept much so...

Yea I understand that about the bolt. Hmm I guess Ill test it with the spacers on.. if not then ill pull them off. They are used BFG all terrains So they arent going to be 100% tread(maybe around 85%) so that will help also..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm running MT's and had no issues from new so I'm willing to bet those will fit with out spacers. Just remember that tires that will fit with no rub may rub once spacers are put on.

Well I shouldn't have to worry now. I have the spacers on and the pinch weld done. Now I just need the tires. I dont think I'll have them before my trail run this weekend but thats ok.

Thread Information