Thread: WAS concidering selling my Jeep!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
    Without reading through posts 2 through 28, I'm sure someone has offered this:

This weekend I used my wonderful Commander to tow my trail rig so I could go wheeling. After a long day of wheeling in a dedicated rig it's real nice to slip into the Commander, crank the a/c and tunes and enjoy the 1 to 6 hour ride home.

Do you really want to buy something newer, go through the expense and aggravation of building it and then wheel the snot out of it? All you other meatballs hold your input, this was for Sal only.
    Ya Matt mentioned the trail rig. I really don't have room for a trailer plus a rig plus a boat. I live in south yes but I bought a house in a normal subdivision and the lots are pretty small. I did how ever give it some thought and just decided against it. Starting a new project is part of the appeal to me. My wife reminds me how fast I change my mind on things LMAO I can be impulsive as I said earlier very impulsive it's just who I am. I've said multiple times no more mods going to wait and with in 5 minuets found myself in the garage cutting something up or pulling something off. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    lol i know you had some really good lines posted on jeepforum... i was looking there first but since im not a paying member i cant use their search feature, and Google wasn't cutting it.

So i got that one as my backup for bustin your balls lol
    I can't change my mind now or Matt will think he had something to do with it LMAO

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    Dude, you have to do whatever makes you happy at the end of the day. I'll admit after watching you at the last two events I can understand why you'd want a JK. Even if you had a 4 inch lift and 33's an XK is still not much of a rock crawler. Just a few seconds after riding around in Matts Rubicon I was hooked! haha
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I can't change my mind now or Matt will think he had something to do with it LMAO
    Yes, i would like to take credit for retaining one of this sites MVM's and an XK wheeling Icon.

I will say this, if you succeed in selling your XK, this place won't be the same! Your mods, wheeling and antics are one of the great things about this place. And (dont take this the wrong way) as much as i like, and eventually will get, the JKs... there's just nothing exciting about seeing them being built or wheeled. LOL i live in central/south NJ, every other house has a built JK. It's kind of like watching the same rerun over and over and over again. The things you were doing with your XK were a fresh change to the norm.

I'm also hoping that the XK and WK platform will start getting more aftermarket support... remember they're just 5-6 years old; a lot of people are just now paying off their new purchases or are ready to move on to a newer vehicle. Once the average "used" price for these vehicles start dropping, more people will be lifting/modding/wheeling them and then more aftermarket support will emerge. I've been into modding vehicles my whole life (literally since i was 5), i've seen this evolution many times before.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I understand where you are coming from Sal. There is a limit to what you can do with these XK/WK's. Like me, I have another mod in the works and if it doesn't work out (ie computer won't allow it) I'm getting something else with a SFA. If you want to do rock crawling, get a beater and tow it, IMO. But we all have different desires and goals so what I want is probably different than you or anyone else on here.

Just promise me one thing. Whatever you do, still go wheeling at uwharrie with us. Happy wheeling man.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    I'm late to the party again, someone needs to text......."Yo, check this thread out!".

Anywho,
    Sal, you have to do what your heart says and take the bull by the balls (I'm sure you don't have any issues doing so, lol). You have inspired myself as well as others to mod and push the XK limits with your aggressive antics. You are an inspiration to current and future XK owners, knowing it can be wheeled. Wranglers are badass, period. i just don't like the attitude that comes with the name. I'm sure if and when you do buy a JKU, you will NOT just "blend" in. So, do what you want bro it's you decision. You don't need any of us trying to convince you to either sell or not.

I would wheel with you even if you were in a roided Samuri!

O.K.........knee pads off.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I would say go JKU all the way. Its what I wanted the whole time and I ended up settling for the XK. Might I add that after getting ripped on for my gas mileage post about JKU that you ended up mentioning it in your thread and that I was right . Also the biggest pro for the JKU is the endless mods and the prices for different things. You will love it. Im jealous I dont have this option.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Thread Information