Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WAS concidering selling my Jeep!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Exclamation WAS concidering selling my Jeep!

If your waiting for the punch line or the I got you J/K there isn't one. I'm seriously considering selling my jeep. This will be along post so I can put where my thoughts are in perspective and get some real feed back from you guys. I have been struggling with this thought for over a month now. I've had countless pro and con discussions with the wife about it trying to figure out my best options. I've researched the crap out of this and right now I'm leaning towards selling. Last week I even put out a feeler ad to see what kind of bites I could get. In one day I got several replies then took my ad down because I was just feeling out the market. It started a month ago for reasons I will keep to myself then I drove my friends 2010 unlimited around for a little bit that didn't help any either I loved it. And to answer my question and some others who along with me jumped on dude who talked about the MPG on the wrangler being much better well he was correct which shocked the crap out of me. The one I drove had the 17' wheels and bigger tires and around town I got no problem 19MPG with the hard top and doors on my friend said all highway time he gets into the 20's MPG no problem. So now my brain started thinking and smoke started to come out of my ears what if. There's only really one part left for me to bolt onto my jeep and thats rock rails. My jeep is just about done except for odd and ends to do to it and if I did fulfill my mod\dream list I would never ever get any of my money back on this project. So hear is the thought right now low ball offers will pay my jeep off for me and fair blue book will give me 2k to put down on something new. Something new being a JKU of course I do need a jeep. The biggest pro's so far for me is a blank canvas, Factory warranty, insane resale value, better MPG, Cheaper parts (OEM and After market) Same payment I have now and of course the solid front axle. To be honest I never thought I would be off road as much as I am now when I bought my jeep. I've also said if I ever reach my limit with this jeep I would consider selling it. Con's are so far for me I love my jeep, Mods are about over for me You can only get so crazy with a commander before people question your sanity and taking my doors off pretty much made every one think I'm a crack head. I would still stay on this forum and live threw you guys so thats not a con for me. So this is were I sit prepared to slap the ad's up and sell my jeep. Before you all start on the wife this had nothing to do with here. One comment she did make one day was "you're trying to make it look like a wrangler so just go buy one" LOL I will say I am a get bored quickly kinda a guy though which could be something to do with my thought process. I'm about 90% sure I will sell my Jeep and go get a 2011 unlimited pretty bare bones for a blank canvas. I'm interested to hear feed back on my thoughts here. Am I missing a pro or con for or against doing this. I do value most the opinions of this forum and I waited so long to post this was I wanted to be sure this wasn't a spur of the moment thing that I would get over in a day or two. Oh I don't want a 2012 even with the new engine so telling me to wait for that I've already thought about it and have my reasons. I've researched the crap out the JK the last 4 days. Not sure if this decision is shocking to some or maybe you saw it coming LOL but I need help so lets hear the feedback.

Oh I'm sure people will be curious about what I listed the Jeep for with my feeler ad I put it on for $18,000 as is including all the mods and parts I bolted on.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    This is a hard one to address... When it is all said and done the only one you need to make sure is happy is you (and of course the wife). The Commander got you out there, now do what ever it takes to keep you out there having fun. You are a valuable member to the forum and I really don't expect to see much change there but over time you will fall in love with another that is a better fit to that time in your life, but that is true for everyone. I enjoy watching you attack the Commander but I can enjoy watching you fix up the next one too. I say... Follow your heart!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Do you ever use the third row seats?
    I've never driven or for that matter even ridden in a JKU but from what all the Wrangler owners say its loud inside.. (It's a Jeep thing follows that normally...) Is there any truth to that? I like my luxury car quietness on the highway.

Those are personal things that would have a strong effect on me, not sure if they matter at all to you.. I almost never roll down my windows..

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    This is a hard one to address... When it is all said and done the only one you need to make sure is happy is you (and of course the wife). The Commander got you out there, now do what ever it takes to keep you out there having fun. You are a valuable member to the forum and I really don't expect to see much change there but over time you will fall in love with another that is a better fit to that time in your life, but that is true for everyone. I enjoy watching you attack the Commander but I can enjoy watching you fix up the next one too. I say... Follow your heart!
    I have myself on time out at the moment. LMAO part of the time out was putting this posting this thread to slow me down. I'm a very impulsive person and thats not always good. The wife would like me to save gas of course and the factory warranty is very appealing as well. I appreciate your thoughts and I have meet some really cool dudes on here and I don't think what I drive or don't drive would matter, I hope not anyway

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Do you ever use the third row seats?
    I've never driven or for that matter even ridden in a JKU but from what all the Wrangler owners say its loud inside.. (It's a Jeep thing follows that normally...) Is there any truth to that? I like my luxury car quietness on the highway.

Those are personal things that would have a strong effect on me, not sure if they matter at all to you.. I almost never roll down my windows..
    I have used them on very rare occasions but pretty much they just stay folded down. The one I drove had a hard top and metal doors so with the AT's on it was actually quieter than my XK on the road if you can believe that. Doors off of course will be loud my wife could barely hear me on the phone when the doors where off the XK that one day. I was pleasantly surprised when I stop by and test drove the 2011's with the new interior as well. It was as comfortable as my XK the wife thought is was more comfortable but she has always said she's uncomfortable in the XK. It was roomy and solid as a rock the six speed felt good the auto is junk IMO.

I feel your pain. My Wife has pretty much taken over ownership of the Commander and doesn't want to let me lift it. She will let me do any other Mod I want but no lift kit............ So there I was a dealership looking at a lifted JK mulling over trading in "my" Altima (as she points out all the time). The aftermarket is HUGE compared to the XK so it makes sense in that regard. I would lose out on the excellent mileage the Altima gets however I hate driving it in the winter as it is unresponsive and has no ground clearance, the CVT loves to spin on snow and ice. My next posting we are expecting more snow fall in the winter too. I considered another Commander but the resale sucks and I am left with limited aftermarket. More and more it looks like a JK. I would love a new Grand but they are too expensive and wont have an aftermarket parts bin for a few years and the same unibody problems we see with lifts. So a JK with stick, an actual body on frame construct, doors made to come off, tons of aftermarket (with the option to finance some from a dealership on purchase),and another pro is 2HI!! I think I may wait to get settled in the new place and see what 2012 JK's will have to offer and leave myself the option to buy a reduced 2011 or go new. So good luck with your impulsiveness, I am sitting on it for now........................maybe.
    Old: 2006 Base, 4.7L, QT-II
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

There is only really two changes for the 2012 engine an new 5 speed auto trans. With my crazy ways off road it seems like the thing to do. I wish I could afford both but thats not going to happen at all. That after market support is huge though

2012 Wrangler
    June 6th: Dealer order banks open
    Mid July: Firm initial pricing announced
    July 25th: Start of production

What's New:

- 3.6L 24v VVT Pentastar V6 (preliminary estimate - 283 HP/260 TQ)
    - 5-speed Automatic Transmission W5A580 replaces 4-speed
    - Available 18-inch 7-Spoke Polished Aluminum Wheels on Sahara
    (from the 70th Anniversary Model)
    - Available “Max Tow” Package
    (includes 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio, Class II Receiver Hitch, Trailer Tow w/ 4-pin)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    wtf
    Pick your jaw up off the floor bro, LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    FWIW... when the kids are out of daycare we're going to sell my wifes Liberty and get her a JKU. Small lift with 33s.

The JKU will be the "hers" vehicle for my wife and daughter, and we'll use it for short trips to the beach sports/etc. The XK will be the mans vehicle and used for longer trips, skiing, vacations, etc.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information