Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WAS concidering selling my Jeep!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Pick your jaw up off the floor bro, LOL

LMAO that's exactly where it was!!!

Took me a few moments to gather my thoughts lol

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    It's just one of those things bro. I love my commander I can say that for fact and don't have any really bad things to say about it. It's just one of those things I am considering doing. It's not a done deal by any means at all. I did throw my ad's back up today I have it listed in three different spots. So we will see if I get what I want I think I will let it go. I change my mind a lot I guess my bike was only two years old when I sold that LOL. I'm just thinking the JKU might fit my life style better at this point in my life. And no one will try to have me committed for pulling the doors off LMAO

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Different poeple have different reasons for having a specific vehicle or type of vehicle. The important thing is to have whatever meets your needs. I plan on keeping my Commander for quite a while for several reasons. I use mine as a go anywhere in comfort type of expedition vehicle. I now have plenty of gas capacity for taking off on any trail or back road. I am not really into hard core rock crawling unless I have to get over an obsticle to continue farther down a trail. I am not afraid at all to off road in the Commander, but I try to do it carefully and responsibly. I only have a little over 30K miles on it and it has served my needs very well. I avoid mud, it is hard to remove and you never get it all if you get in a real mud pit. I also might not be a good source of information on when to trade in a vehicle because I have given away most of my old vehicles, (four Motorhomes and three automobiles). I think that the bottom line has less to do with brand loyality and more to do with what works best for your particular situation and needs. Good luck whatever you do and stick around the Forums anyway. They are really more about sharing ideas and stories than just Jeep stuff.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

There is only really two changes for the 2012 engine an new 5 speed auto trans. With my crazy ways off road it seems like the thing to do. I wish I could afford both but thats not going to happen at all. That after market support is huge though
    I do like the new engine change that is coming but its not an end all. I hope I can afford both.......................................will wait and see.
    Old: 2006 Base, 4.7L, QT-II
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

I've been getting more and more hard core into the rock crawling. I've been taking risks that are probably not to smart in the commander but like a champ it took it all and asked for more. I have several reasons for making the change hard core rock crawling is one of them. The cheaper parts is another and getting back on a frame which will be easier for my skill's for modding and the SFA. Add in the MPG saving I will get with the cheaper payments it makes sense to me.

Honestly, if you want to get into more serious rock crawling than you're doing now, you don't need to trade the XK in for a JKU. You need to make yourself an offroad beater and tow it to the trails with the XK. You're going to break stuff on the rocks, regardless of which vehicle you go with. And as you've seen (both first hand and from other members on these forums), the capabilities of a properly equipped XK are right up there with the best of the wranglers.. and will surely leave the lower end models behind on the trails.

If you want a JKU, get it.. they're great vehicles. lol just stop trying to justify it with gas mileage. JK's are a dime a dozen on the road for a reason... aftermarket is huge and everyone wants one.

oh, and have fun blending in with the rest of the crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Honestly, if you want to get into more serious rock crawling than you're doing now, you don't need to trade the XK in for a JKU. You need to make yourself an offroad beater and tow it to the trails with the XK. You're going to break stuff on the rocks, regardless of which vehicle you go with. And as you've seen (both first hand and from other members on these forums), the capabilities of a properly equipped XK are right up there with the best of the wranglers.. and will surely leave the lower end models behind on the trails.

If you want a JKU, get it.. they're great vehicles. lol just stop trying to justify it with gas mileage. JK's are a dime a dozen on the road for a reason... aftermarket is huge and everyone wants one.

oh, and have fun blending in with the rest of the crowd
    It is a dime a dozen on the road and even more so here where I live every 4 is a wrangler in the parking lot LOL. After market being so huge is what makes the mods affordable. I can justify it with MPG because on good day everyone I know is killing me by 5 MPG on the same roads. When I do brake something it will be cheaper to upgrade said part. I don't want to tow anything to the trail I did consider the thought though. Stock sport wrangle sure my XK will dust one but put less work into it then I have into my XK and even I have to admit they will dust me. I might actually enjoy blending in a little bit more then always being the one stared at all the time. I don't want to go tit for tat here and bad mouth the jeep I still love to justify me getting a JKU the decision was a long thought out one that I struggled with as is.

Well make sure you get a 2010+ then. My 2 friends that have JKU's dont get much better gas mileage than me and they're basically stock. 18mpg highway on a good day for them... but they're both earlier model years, so i guess the recent engine updates have done wonders for efficiency.

It's just kind of ironic.... all the reasons you have always touted for why the XK is great is the same reason you're getting rid of it.

Regardless. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Doc has a beater if you want one. Practically give it away. I actually would give it away if it was in better shape and would not relect badly on me for giving it away. Three years ago I gave it to a friend to use because he had no transportation. When I gave it to him it was in great shape. The deal was to use it and either pay for it later when he could or give it back when he did not need it anymore. Last year he told me he sold it, but a fellow that I work with discovered that he still had it. My buddy did a REPO with an extra set of keys. I wish now that he had just left it with him. It was rode hard and put away wet. I could not believe how he had trashed it in only a few years. I paid about as much to transport it back here to AZ as it is worth.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

The 2012 gets a few more MPG's but I would like a 2011. The XK is awesome and I am happy whith it in every way. I don't have anything bad to say about it at all maybe the IFS but that's it. Life style changes needs change it is what is. I would recommend a XK to anyone without hesitation.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information