Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WAS concidering selling my Jeep!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    Dude, you have to do whatever makes you happy at the end of the day. I'll admit after watching you at the last two events I can understand why you'd want a JK. Even if you had a 4 inch lift and 33's an XK is still not much of a rock crawler. Just a few seconds after riding around in Matts Rubicon I was hooked! haha
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I can't change my mind now or Matt will think he had something to do with it LMAO
    Yes, i would like to take credit for retaining one of this sites MVM's and an XK wheeling Icon.

I will say this, if you succeed in selling your XK, this place won't be the same! Your mods, wheeling and antics are one of the great things about this place. And (dont take this the wrong way) as much as i like, and eventually will get, the JKs... there's just nothing exciting about seeing them being built or wheeled. LOL i live in central/south NJ, every other house has a built JK. It's kind of like watching the same rerun over and over and over again. The things you were doing with your XK were a fresh change to the norm.

I'm also hoping that the XK and WK platform will start getting more aftermarket support... remember they're just 5-6 years old; a lot of people are just now paying off their new purchases or are ready to move on to a newer vehicle. Once the average "used" price for these vehicles start dropping, more people will be lifting/modding/wheeling them and then more aftermarket support will emerge. I've been into modding vehicles my whole life (literally since i was 5), i've seen this evolution many times before.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I understand where you are coming from Sal. There is a limit to what you can do with these XK/WK's. Like me, I have another mod in the works and if it doesn't work out (ie computer won't allow it) I'm getting something else with a SFA. If you want to do rock crawling, get a beater and tow it, IMO. But we all have different desires and goals so what I want is probably different than you or anyone else on here.

Just promise me one thing. Whatever you do, still go wheeling at uwharrie with us. Happy wheeling man.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    I'm late to the party again, someone needs to text......."Yo, check this thread out!".

Anywho,
    Sal, you have to do what your heart says and take the bull by the balls (I'm sure you don't have any issues doing so, lol). You have inspired myself as well as others to mod and push the XK limits with your aggressive antics. You are an inspiration to current and future XK owners, knowing it can be wheeled. Wranglers are badass, period. i just don't like the attitude that comes with the name. I'm sure if and when you do buy a JKU, you will NOT just "blend" in. So, do what you want bro it's you decision. You don't need any of us trying to convince you to either sell or not.

I would wheel with you even if you were in a roided Samuri!

O.K.........knee pads off.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Nooooooooo!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Yes, i would like to take credit for retaining one of this sites MVM's and an XK wheeling Icon.
    Well, if I can't sell it then you can take credit LOL and we'll just say you talked me out of it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    Just promise me one thing. Whatever you do, still go wheeling at uwharrie with us. Happy wheeling man.
    I'll always wheel at Uwharrie bro and I hope to still hang out and camp with you guys and attend any events that are put on by you guys I'm not going anywhere just trying to get a new Jeep thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    I'm late to the party again, someone needs to text......."Yo, check this thread out!".

Anywho,
    Sal, you have to do what your heart says and take the bull by the balls (I'm sure you don't have any issues doing so, lol). You have inspired myself as well as others to mod and push the XK limits with your aggressive antics. You are an inspiration to current and future XK owners, knowing it can be wheeled. Wranglers are badass, period. i just don't like the attitude that comes with the name. I'm sure if and when you do buy a JKU, you will NOT just "blend" in. So, do what you want bro it's you decision. You don't need any of us trying to convince you to either sell or not.

I would wheel with you even if you were in a roided Samuri!

O.K.........knee pads off.
    Thanks for the compliments the main reason I'm looking at the base sport model yes the one with 16" wheels WTF LOL is to have a basic bare bones jeep and start from the ground up and build it my way.

Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    Nooooooooo!
    Yesssssssssssssssssss!

I would like to thank everyone for all the nice things you've been saying Like I told Don I would still like to attend ECC and any events I can that the groups are putting on I just won't be doing it in as much style as everyone else I will stick around the forum I have lots of knowledge to pass on and like seeing what the XK is being put through. But I regress I have to sell my jeep first. Tried selling the old lady's car but she doesn't think the XK comfortable so I lost again. I'm still playing with numbers and trying to find a way to do both it just don't look good right now.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Good Luck man. I hope you find what you are looking for and I hope you keep this garage updated with the new one!

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Honestly, if you want to get into more serious rock crawling than you're doing now, you don't need to trade the XK in for a JKU. You need to make yourself an offroad beater and tow it to the trails with the XK. You're going to break stuff on the rocks, regardless of which vehicle you go with. And as you've seen (both first hand and from other members on these forums), the capabilities of a properly equipped XK are right up there with the best of the wranglers.. and will surely leave the lower end models behind on the trails.

If you want a JKU, get it.. they're great vehicles. lol just stop trying to justify it with gas mileage. JK's are a dime a dozen on the road for a reason... aftermarket is huge and everyone wants one.

oh, and have fun blending in with the rest of the crowd
    This.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Sal,
    I don't think you'll see a lot of difference in the mileage. The folks around here with anything but a stock JKU are getting about 13mpg on the highway (according to what they tell me, at least). The frontal area is about the same as the XK and they're about as aero too, so it doesn't surprise me. BTW, on my way to Moab (380 miles, fully-loaded, 3 people, hills & 1 crossing of the Continental Divide), I got an average of 16 mpg. On the way back, I averaged 18 (19.5 on the second tank). Admittedly, we were driving 60, so it took us an extra half-hour to get there. At 70 mph with the new lift, we are getting about 15.

I'm with Matt. Keep the XK for towing your crawler to the really extreme stuff! You are going to give up a lot of comfort for little gain in off-road capability. The 'fun factor' would be higher in a JKU though.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love my XK as much as the next guy, but when it doesn't meet my needs anymore, it too will hafta go. If your heart has moved on, there is a reason. A loss for the rest of us to be sure, but different needs is why there are so many kinds of vehicles out there.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information