Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: WAS concidering selling my Jeep!

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I would say go JKU all the way. Its what I wanted the whole time and I ended up settling for the XK. Might I add that after getting ripped on for my gas mileage post about JKU that you ended up mentioning it in your thread and that I was right . Also the biggest pro for the JKU is the endless mods and the prices for different things. You will love it. Im jealous I dont have this option.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    Sal,
    I don't think you'll see a lot of difference in the mileage. The folks around here with anything but a stock JKU are getting about 13mpg on the highway (according to what they tell me, at least). The frontal area is about the same as the XK and they're about as aero too, so it doesn't surprise me. BTW, on my way to Moab (380 miles, fully-loaded, 3 people, hills & 1 crossing of the Continental Divide), I got an average of 16 mpg. On the way back, I averaged 18 (19.5 on the second tank). Admittedly, we were driving 60, so it took us an extra half-hour to get there. At 70 mph with the new lift, we are getting about 15.

I'm with Matt. Keep the XK for towing your crawler to the really extreme stuff! You are going to give up a lot of comfort for little gain in off-road capability. The 'fun factor' would be higher in a JKU though.
    People are on crack... Go to Jk-Forum.com and look around. Gas mileage of JKU is way better. To get the same Mileage as the XK people will be running 5.13 gear ratios with 37-40" tires...
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    Sal, if the time comes where you consider parting with some of your mods let me know. If timing is right aka having extra cash I'd definitely be interested.

I guess I'm the first shark to come after the goods! haha
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapman89 View Post
    Sal, if the time comes where you consider parting with some of your mods let me know. If timing is right aka having extra cash I'd definitely be interested.

I guess I'm the first shark to come after the goods! haha
    You were the first to ask but I doubt the first to think it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    so did you save the plastic you cut off the bumper to glue back on? or just hoping to find a buyer to take as is?.....just joking around. Im sure if you find the right buyer it will be a win win. I will just say i Love my XK. I also Love any jeep. each style serves a purpose and a personality. I would have a jeep of every flavor if i had the garage that would hold them all. The XK is the the multi purpose vehicle that does everything from some moderate offroading, to taking the family around town, to pulling heavier trailers. If you want a rig more dedicated to one specific thing, then I think you need to do what you feel in your gut. I dont think anyone would fault you for that. And you are always welcome to come on the trails no matter what you are driving.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I've decided to keep the XK. I was driving it today and just changed my mind. I do that sometimes LOL. The more I thought about selling it the more uncomfortable I was getting. Also only getting 4hrs of sleep a night for the last couple of weeks has me very moody which means I might have not been making a good decision so I'm just going to keep it. It is what it is and I'm suppose to be getting a boat this fall as well not sure I want to tow that with a JK. So let the gloating and ribbing's and I told you so's fly.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That made my day!!!

Glad to have you back man

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    That made my day!!!

Glad to have you back man
    We all have our moments of insanity bro. I still want a wrangler I just don't want to loose my XK to do it. I thought I could let it go but I couldn't do it.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I am glad to hear that, now we need to get you to WC Camp Commander!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    and here I was in the shadows hoping my red XK would take your throne...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information