• Hi-EndJeeps.com

1 5.26%
  • MallCrawlers.com

2 10.53%
  • TheOtherJeep.com

5 26.32%
  • GroceryGetter4x4.com

5 26.32%
  • WK-Forum.com (with re-direct to another)

2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Forum Names

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I for one will keep the XK-Forum.com decal as no matter what we do that will still be the main domain URL, Any other name selected will be directed to XK-Forum.com.

If a new name is selected I will make new decals and then members can select which one they want to fly on their vehicle.

The new header would keep the XK-Forum icon and add the new one to share the space.

I played around with re-naming some of the threads today as a sample for us to look at and if needed additional sections can be added when there is a real need for them.

Those of you who know WK guys might want to suggest they pock their heads in here and make your thoughts known, it is never too late to go back to the way it was a month ago.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    So will the new domain just be a phantom, once you hit "enter" it goes away and the address bar will say "xk-forum.com/...." for everything?

I sent a few PM's and some guys seemed interested.... how about you guys that wheeled with them, any luck?

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Sorry if this was already said but we could buy wk forum and direct both it and our current forum to one of the new named sites.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    Sorry if this was already said but we could buy wk forum and direct both it and our current forum to one of the new named sites.
    Best idea yet

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    Yes, this too could be done but it would require the purchase of 2 additional domains for a total of 3 (not a big expense).
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Other than for the sake of typing in xk-forum and wk-forum, i don't see a point in adding the expense to buy the extra domain just to have it linked to a 3rd site... well, i guess it would make it easy to remember and we could have xk-forum and wk-forum specific stickers? I'd probably still get a (assuming this one wins) TheUltimateJeep.com sticker just so people that see it might actually check out the site.

TheOtherJeep.com is kind of funny as well.... might get even more people looking at the site to see what we're all about

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm digging GroceryGetter4x4.com myself I think its funny and would be cool looking on a modded jeep climbing a rock or powering out of a mud pit.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Yes, this too could be done but it would require the purchase of 2 additional domains for a total
    of 3 (not a big expense).
    Why 3?

Matt- if you used the 2 URL's one for WK and the other XK and point them to the same website, you just have to change the
    banner to include wk's and include it in the search terms and divide into XK and WK sections.

And then we could change Sal to "The Grocery Getter"

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I'm digging GroceryGetter4x4.com myself I think its funny and would be cool looking on a modded jeep climbing a rock or powering out of a mud pit.
    Damn that's a good point..... grocerygetter4x4 would be a funny sticker to have on a modded Jeep....

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Damn that's a good point..... grocerygetter4x4 would be a funny sticker to have on a modded Jeep....
    We just need to make sure we give someone a little bit of recognition for the development of that name..

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information