Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mud Fest!!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    I have to admit, I will be following this same school of thought. I have more weird vibrations, rubbing, and shuddering after doing this, that it just is not worth it. Maybe if there is mud on a trail then cool, but no more hitting 2 ft deep pits all day. Way too much work after for me.
    IMO mud breaks more stuff then rocks and ledges. It also has long term effects were rocks once your off your off mud sticks around drying out seals and boots and stuff. It's fun once an a while I guess but straight to the car wash I would go LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    I think I agree with Sal on this one, I LOOOVVVVEEE playing in the mud, it's not a good day mudding if you can still see paint, at least I used to think so. I figured my dad was going to kill me when I was 16 and brought his F-350 crew cab home with 3" of mud piled on the hood from splashing through mud holes at ungodly speeds. Now, it's just not worth the cleanup afterwards, and when you get out and shut the doors, more mud falls out everywhere as a reminder. Ahh, it's so bittersweet.
    looks and sounds like you had a blast
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I spent an hour under the Jeep today and removed about 20 more lbs of dried mud from it. It had packed in around the boots on the front axle and it was extremely hot for the short trip to the gas station. Another thing to mention, the 4x Gaurd fron skid had about 3 inches of mud on top that I could not get at the car wash. Most of the vibrations and noises are gone now, but every time it rains it is real easy to tell where I parked. The mud is endless
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I know the feeling as well. Right now still trying to get all the mud off the out & inside of it from over a month ago lol. it sucks & has to be hand done because of all the mods won't fit @ the car wash lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Im with Sal. I dont mind getting my rig dirty when off road, its not a mall crawler after all. But I will not put it in mud unless its unavoidable on a tight trail. Here in Virginia, we have red clay that will absolutely stain everything that it comes in contact with, even before you can get to a carwash . I do not want my stuff stained all up from that stuff.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information