Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mud Fest!!!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty

Mud Fest!!!!

http://www.buchanansmudfest.net/

One of my favorie events in Missouri. Kind of a hoosier festival, and last time I was there I sank my old Pathfinder to the windshield. Not doing that this time, but am going to try the trails, smaller pits, and man made rock course. Wish more of you all lived in St. Louis or close by, this is a great event.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Wish more of you all lived in St. Louis or close by, this is a great event.
    Now why would you wish such a horrible thing on the rest of us? What did we do to you? LMAO Just kidding bro, I hate the north almost as much as I hate mud hahahahaha. Have fun get some pictures for us to drool over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Now why would you wish such a horrible thing on the rest of us? What did we do to you? LMAO Just kidding bro, I hate the north almost as much as I hate mud hahahahaha. Have fun get some pictures for us to drool over.
    If you are being technical, Missouri fell into the South, but yeah after years of mud runnign though, it gets easier to clean. Just put the sprinkler underneath overnight and it gets most everything off. Lots of pics for sure, can't wait to see how it does in the mud.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Have fun, I did when I went to http://redneckyachtclubfl.com/ it helped that my buddy is a professional detailer though so afterwords I didn't have to do much cleaning

You'll have to play with the ESP button to get the right setting or pull the ABS fuse to keep the traction control from getting you stuck. That's what others have done just repeating what they have said.

I know I did the long press ESP off for my mud adventures and that seemed to work fine. Not sure on the difference with QT2 vs QD2 for the mud though..

Big difference for sand and mud with the QD2. Yours will lock the axles with wheel spin obviously you know that but the QT2 will only allow so much wheel spin before it steps in to correct the problem in any setting and we all know how bad that can be if your bogging threw the loose stuff. That's why some guys just pull the ABS fuse someone even put a switch on there ABS fuse to kill it when they wanted.

ESP in full off (whatever long press gets you..) adjusts how quickly the traction control kicks in right?
    Is it not enough for mud/sand when it's deep before your brakes start kicking?

I got into a bunch of mud last weekend and just turned the ESP off, seemed to allow enough wheel spin to clean out the luggs on the mud terrains. With 10,000 people and 1,000 trucks if I'm stuck I wont be there long. The trails are really tight and hilly so I will use 4 lo for them, let the engine do the breaking and try not to slide into the trees. It will be interesting to say the least. I'll get plenty of pics and hopefully won't break too much. Never had a vehicle with a computer involved, I am sure I will miss my Detriot Locker

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Have fun, I did when I went to http://redneckyachtclubfl.com/ it helped that my buddy is a professional detailer though so afterwords I didn't have to do much cleaning
    Some day I will have my Rockwelled Big Block Mud truck, but time, money, and space will allow that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information