Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mud Fest!!!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Mildly inappropriate if you are around small children or at work.. but not too bad since it's you tube.. however totally appropriate for the conversation at hand.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    ESP in full off (whatever long press gets you..) adjusts how quickly the traction control kicks in right?
    Is it not enough for mud/sand when it's deep before your brakes start kicking?
    It's usually enough for a lot of situations. But if your in real deep stuff and need those wheels to spinning to keep you going pulling the fuse is probably needed. It's something you need to figure out for your self I don't play in mud so I don't know. I do spend a lot of time in deep soft sand but my tires grip like there on concrete so I've never needed even 4LO in the stuff where everyone else was getting stuck. LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty

2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

First off, I suck at actually taking pictures, and it was soo muddy we all stayed in the jeep to keep from trashing the inside. We were the only Commander that we saw, and did all of the river trails, which are a lot harder than they looked because of the narrow openings between trees and abundant mud. My little brother follow us around in his ZJ and we pulled him out after every stuck. We finnaly got to a crazy hill climb and a bunch of guys with Wranglers and Heavily modified XJ's were hanging out watching. They started laughing as we pulled up and said "akk the real Jeeps made it, why dont you try" We drove right up it with almost no wheel spin. We saw them later and there was no laughing then. Weird thing to mention as well, once there was mud packed under the whole body, we had major tire rubbing issues. Besides that and the endless cleaning, it was awesome!

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    The best part about wheeling a Commander is making Wrangler owners jaws drop.

Mud is so much fun and so much work.

Holy crap dud your crazy LOL all that mud man. As crazy as people think I am it would of took some serious peer pressure to get me out in that stuff bro. And I would of been bitching all week cleaning the jeep up LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    then you would have not gone with me a few weeks ago, happy jeep is still covered in mud & a lot of mud got inside. its what happens when it rains for 2 days straight while camping & when doing really muddy trails. playing in the mud is a blast
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    then you would have not gone with me a few weeks ago, happy jeep is still covered in mud & a lot of mud got inside. its what happens when it rains for 2 days straight while camping & when doing really muddy trails. playing in the mud is a blast
    I avoid mud if I can I will go around it LMAO. I guess I'm partial to the rocks and ledges out here by me.

I have to admit, I will be following this same school of thought. I have more weird vibrations, rubbing, and shuddering after doing this, that it just is not worth it. Maybe if there is mud on a trail then cool, but no more hitting 2 ft deep pits all day. Way too much work after for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information