Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    My comment about no serial numbers was in jest. You can't get a gun like that at the shows
    Well I suppose you could get one, but that wasn't the point. I say this as someone opted to delete my comment.
    I am with Caleb, I don't want something that could get me into more hot water....
    But the gun shows do offer some lower prices.
    I knew what you meant Don, but unfortunately we do have a ton of said weapons in my county. We have a bunch of idiots here that think they are mobbsters or something. This is my main reason for carrying, too many threats not to be ignored. I don't plan on getting into a shooting battle with anyone, I would rather walk (or run, lol) away from an accurance. But when it comes to protecting my family or friends, I will be ready.

Based on hoaxci5's comment and my limited experience, consider cost and availability of ammo when making that decision.
    I realize that the ammo will be more expensive, but I see it as ..... nothing is more expensive than my or my family's life. If I want to worry about price, then I'll just get a .22 to go to the range with and blast away.
    Last edited by IamJEEP; 06-13-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    If you love the outdoors CA is great.
    If you love guns CA sucks.

I love the outdoors more than guns, but guns is next on the list, so CA isn't my first choice. I would say of all the places I've lived and visited though that CA is pretty high on the outdoors list.

I can't speak from true experience, but I'd imagine .40 vs .45 as far is accuracy isn't much of a difference given the shooter is capable. And if you are talking personal protection it's even less of an issue since most personal protection issues are at ranges less than 20 feet (from what I've heard..) Thankfully I don't know that for a fact.

This is what I'm refering to and I as well do not have personal experience with this situation, thankfully. Just want to be prepared for it if I am.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Has anyone ordered from cheaper than dirt? A firearm that is, I see you need to have it shipped to a FFA dealer.
    Would another dealer want to accommodate you? Or charge a fee that would negate your savings?

I looked/shopped around online last night and DID find the XD .40 and .45 at around $500. I must of been looking in the wrong area or something. I also have been looking at just about every make/model out there so maybe I got my $$$ mixed up with a different brand. So far the XD anf the Glock are on my top list. Do you guys have any other suggestion in my $500 price range I should consider?

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Has anyone ordered from cheaper than dirt? A firearm that is, I see you need to have it shipped to a FFA dealer.
    Would another dealer want to accommodate you? Or charge a fee that would negate your savings?
    I have not even heard of that site before this thread. LOL...

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    I realize that the ammo will be more expensive, but I see it as ..... nothing is more expensive than my or my family's life. If I want to worry about price, then I'll just get a .22 to go to the range with and blast away.
    You stated you were debating between .40 and .45. I noticed some ammo is more easily available than others.
    My suggestion was that you make that part of your decision. Should you decide to go to a .22, then my reference is irrelevant.

Sorry, i mis-read your comment, thanks for tje input. Im just wondering which caliber would be better for a ccw. I know it also depends on the person using it and pra tice woth your weapon. I guess my question is....who prefers what caliber and why?
    Last edited by IamJEEP; 06-13-2011 at 04:51 AM.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

^^^^^Im having a Don Issue today with big thumbs and small phone keys, LOL.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Let me see if I can shed some light on your thoughts here Caleb. You're basically looking for personal protection which as stated would put you with in 20' or so. Now ammo has little effect on accuracy at that range or I should say no effect at that range. When you start stepping out to 100+ meters then ammo is a concern but not with a hang gun obviously. The biggest factor in accuracy is the shooter of the weapon the second would be make model design quality of the firearm. Now at 20' or less I would say you probably can't shoot well enough to take advantage of a very expensive weapon. For personal defense stopping power needs to be a concern with reliability. You need to be able to get 3-4 shots of quickly and with general accuracy. For outstanding accuracy just get a revolver with a 6" barrel and blow the semiautomatics out of the water. Of course revolvers aren't cool there just effective so you'll probably go semiautomatic so I would look for reliability and capacity and stopping power. At close range big bullets moving slowly put people down with one shot not the smaller ones with some ridiculous FPS rating that burns threw people so they don't even feel it, trust me on this ones the delay from getting shot by these types of rounds and going down is long enough to have someone throw some rounds back at you. So pretty much it doesn't matter get a cheap one that holds big bullets and you'll be fine. Ruger makes good cheap reliable weapons there not flashy they just get the job done.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    My suggestion on a CCW weapon is smaller is better. Find a weapon that you are comfortable with that is EASY to conceal and that you will not mind carrying EVERYWHERE with you. If the weapon is too big you will pick and choose when to carry and then you might as well leave it at home because the bad guy will strike the time you deceide not to carry anyway.

Also pick a weapon that you can manipulate without much thought, I love the Glock for that reason. You point the weapon and pull the trigger, you do not need to mess with the safety as it is built into the trigger.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information