Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
    Get down to a gun store and start picking up models. You really need to find something that fits well. Especially considering you said you have small hands. My wife has small hands and the compact Storm is a bit thick in the grip for good control. She handles it well, but a bit narrower would help. I changed the back strap and it helped a bit but still not great.

Sub compacts basically are just shorter in the grip. Meaning they hold a few rounds less.

I like watching the reviews of guns on youtube. Some are good, but most are just for entertainment.

I signed up for gunbroker.com and found they have very good information.
    I have been looking at some youtube reviews of a couple of models. You have to look through a couple vids before you hit a professionals review tho, lol...

I'll check out gunbroker.com when I get home to see what its about.

That's the way it was when I first got into pistols. Now I like my guns to hot cycle a couple hundred rounds without issues. You know, just in case I have a small invasion in my city.
    I have a few really nice bolts we bought in the 70's. Depends on what you like and if you plan to reload your own brass. Just for fun I really like my Ruger 10-77 (bolt .22) and my 10-22 (semi .22). 2 years ago I bought a Ruger .204 in stainless and synthetic stock. Fun to shoot woodies at 250 yds.

You expecting zombies? LOL......

I don't want to start thinking about the bolt actions just yet, I need to start with the ccw. LOL, my girl thinks I'm nuts........I'll start researching one thing and then it turns into researching three or four things at a time.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    What else should i consider(brands)? I have small hands so gotta keep tjat in mind.

Last edited by cico7; 06-13-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post

Some of our Officers carry the KelTec as a back up to their back up or for a CCW on their time off. It is not very reliable but good to have when all else fails.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I've got a Ruger LCP (.380) which has only jammed once when my wife was shooting it the first time because she didn't hold it firmly enough so the kick took her off guard and the empty casing jammed instead of clearing. Not a big deal it was user error more than weapon error. Hasn't happened ever again..

It looks a lot like the one above, I think they were built off the same design but I can't tell the diff between the kal-tec and ruger.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I like gunbroker.com I have used it for a few of mine. The prices are great and so far all of who I have delt with is on the up & up. about sending to an ffl when you buy a firearm online; so far from what I have seen is that the pawnshops in the area will have you send to them for a fee. maybe 20 a gun & they will handle the pw with thr goverment.

Now I cycle thru some of my hand guns for what I will carry; it will depending on what I am wearing mostly.
    The ones I cycle thru more often are the

Springfield 1911 GI Champ Mil Spec 4" 8 Round Clip
    Springfield XD45 45 ACP Also a 4" 13 Round Clip
    Heckler & Koch UPS 40 5" (Full Size) 13 Round Clip

The 1911 is the easiest to conceal, the HK feels to be the most accurate @ 25 yards for me at least, and the XD 45 feels really good to me. I do have big hands so needing closer to full size ones for me.

I did what alot of people are saying on in here to do. Go to a gun store (Do Not Make You Buy Anything Yet, they are there to see) hold quite a few of them and note which ones felt good in your hand. Then from there go to the rang and rent them. The rang I went to was really cool on giving me info on the differences on what to expect with the different brands. From there you will be pretty good.

Just keep in mind you will not stop with just one lol

this was from a outing to the rang from last year with my brother
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    also my girl has really small hands and her carry is the Makarov. The size is a 9x18 close to a .380 & she likes it.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

My buddy has the keltec .380 as his backup. He doesnt care too much for it but says it serves its purpose.

I just read a review if the XD Compact .45 and now leaning towards this pistol. Its in my price range, has thinner grips than the G30, has a chamber indicator as well as a piston indicator, and also has the trigger safety and the grip safety. This way i dont shoot myself in the arse when concealing it. Lol....
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I like gunbroker.com I have used it for a few of mine. The prices are great and so far all of who I have delt with is on the up & up. about sending to an ffl when you buy a firearm online; so far from what I have seen is that the pawnshops in the area will have you send to them for a fee. maybe 20 a gun & they will handle the pw with thr goverment.

Now I cycle thru some of my hand guns for what I will carry; it will depending on what I am wearing mostly.
    The ones I cycle thru more often are the

Springfield 1911 GI Champ Mil Spec 4" 8 Round Clip
    Springfield XD45 45 ACP Also a 4" 13 Round Clip
    Heckler & Koch UPS 40 5" (Full Size) 13 Round Clip

The 1911 is the easiest to conceal, the HK feels to be the most accurate @ 25 yards for me at least, and the XD 45 feels really good to me. I do have big hands so needing closer to full size ones for me.

I did what alot of people are saying on in here to do. Go to a gun store (Do Not Make You Buy Anything Yet, they are there to see) hold quite a few of them and note which ones felt good in your hand. Then from there go to the rang and rent them. The rang I went to was really cool on giving me info on the differences on what to expect with the different brands. From there you will be pretty good.

Just keep in mind you will not stop with just one lol

this was from a outing to the rang from last year with my brother
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater
    Thanks for the input and nice collection you have there. I know that i will go on a shopping spree for multiple pistols and other weapons, thats what my girl is affraid of. Lol...

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Here is my take on my collection as far as security goes. I stand a greater chance of being over taken by a perp if I have to go to another room of my house for my weapon. With that reasoning I now have a 32 room home. What you think I'm gonna sell a gun?

Here is my take on my collection as far as security goes. I stand a greater chance of being over taken by a perp if I have to go to another room of my house for my weapon. With that reasoning I now have a 32 room home. What you think I'm gonna sell a gun?
    If you have 32 rooms then you need more guns!

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information