Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    A mansion of at least 30 rooms! LOL......
    He must live by me then.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    I ran into a buddy that just got into the private sector security. He said this place had terrific instructors. It was part of his new employers training policy. He recommends it for private citizens.

http://www.tdiohio.com/home.html

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar

Update.....

So, after further researching and asking around and finding some good firearms forums I've come to narrowing down my purchase. The XD 9 or .40 is my first choice, with the M&P being a really close second. If I get the .40, I can get a conversion kit for it to shoot 9mm at the range and save me some $$$ on ammo. The only thing leaning me away from the XD is the grip safety. I've read on forums that if not properly gripped, it will not shoot. How is this a good thing when time is a variable? I know practice is key, but in a real life or death scenerio you don't have time to think about the grip safety. Is it possible to disengage this safety?

Correct my thinking if I'm wrong here................
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I've never had a fail to fire because of the grip safety. This includes shooting correctly or one handed. I think the grip safety is far less of a concern than a typical switch safety. You can easily forget to disengage a switch style safety, it's pretty hard to forget to hold the pistol. While you may not hold it the same in an emergency situation as you would when shooting at the range, it's still pretty hard I think to not hold it well enough to disengage the grip safety.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I agree with hoaxci5. I have the XD 45 and never had an issue with it not firing because of the safety. To be completely honest it has never failed to fire for me at all, never had an issue with it. IMO this is one of the best safeties setup I have seen. I am not a gun smith, just my 2 cents worth
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I fired an Argintinian made 1911 Colt 45 with the grip safety and my hand was bitten when i was done.
    The safety was hard to keep compressed. This had an overhead ejection port and the casings flipped over my head causing me to duck!!

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I agree with hoaxci5. I have the XD 45 and never had an issue with it not firing because of the safety. To be completely honest it has never failed to fire for me at all, never had an issue with it. IMO this is one of the best safeties setup I have seen. I am not a gun smith, just my 2 cents worth
    Does the safety have to be fully depressed for the weapon to fire?

I know these are great pistols, thats why it is my #1 right now.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Same here Caleb. I've never had a malfunction of any kind with my XD.45. The grip safety has to be disengaged but it takes very little pressure to do so. Just simply holding it in your hand is enough. Now I carry mine " condition 1 " which is cocked and locked, round in the chamber, ready to go. Some people don't like doing this, I understand. On the XD, in order to chamber a round you must squeeze the grip safety before the slide will move back. So if you wish to carry with an empty chamber you will have to have a complete grip before racking the slide. You can also get a XDM series pistol. They are essentially the same as an XD except they have a thumb safety added along with ambidextrous mag release and replaceable back straps for the grip. I wish I had though about it when we were at Uwaharrie, I had it with me. I did show it to Nick though, he carries a Glock - yawn......
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I've never had a fail to fire because of the grip safety. This includes shooting correctly or one handed. I think the grip safety is far less of a concern than a typical switch safety. You can easily forget to disengage a switch style safety, it's pretty hard to forget to hold the pistol. While you may not hold it the same in an emergency situation as you would when shooting at the range, it's still pretty hard I think to not hold it well enough to disengage the grip safety.
    I agree that it is less of a concern, im just thinking in terms of .....if my girl would grip it well enough if she ever had to use it. It'll primarily be my pistol but, i would like her to carry a similar one as well.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Same here Caleb. I've never had a malfunction of any kind with my XD.45. The grip safety has to be disengaged but it takes very little pressure to do so. Just simply holding it in your hand is enough. Now I carry mine " condition 1 " which is cocked and locked, round in the chamber, ready to go. Some people don't like doing this, I understand. On the XD, in order to chamber a round you must squeeze the grip safety before the slide will move back. So if you wish to carry with an empty chamber you will have to have a complete grip before racking the slide. You can also get a XDM series pistol. They are essentially the same as an XD except they have a thumb safety added along with ambidextrous mag release and replaceable back straps for the grip. I wish I had though about it when we were at Uwaharrie, I had it with me. I did show it to Nick though, he carries a Glock - yawn......
    Yawn? Lmcao!!! Darn, wish i knew you had it altho the range was closed anyways.

So, if i want the interchangeable back straps, i got to get the xdm? According to some reviews, the xd has them also. Is this true?

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information