Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My wife has small hands and she shot it with no problems. I know that during an engagement you may think it could be an issue. Hopefully that never happens but I dont think you could hold it in your hand to shoot it and not squeeze the grip safety, its that easy to do. M onl concern is since I do carry it with a round chambered, when I holster it I push on the back of the slide instead of the grip. I dont want something hooking the trigger and shooting a big hole in my shoe, thats where I keep my foot.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    My wife has small hands and she shot it with no problems. I know that during an engagement you may think it could be an issue. Hopefully that never happens but I dont think you could hold it in your hand to shoot it and not squeeze the grip safety, its that easy to do. M onl concern is since I do carry it with a round chambered, when I holster it I push on the back of the slide instead of the grip. I dont want something hooking the trigger and shooting a big hole in my shoe, thats where I keep my foot.
    Lol, yeah that would suck. Ok, i feel better about that issue hearing from you guys (except for Don, jk).

Now, whats your take on the conversion for range time?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Blog Entries
    No, only on the XDM. Its not much of an issue if you like the feel of the grip to begin with. I kinda like the idea of the thumb safety but it just takes some getting use to, relying on the safeties that are built into the piece to begin with. Some people think Im crazy for carrying it with a round chambered. I tell them Ive had it for like 5 years now , its alwas been loaded, and its never just gone off by itself. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are shooting at a target and you wont have any problems.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Blog Entries
    My opinion is this : practice with it the same as you would be carrying it in the real world. The only thing I change when at the range is I shoot plain ball ammo instead of more expensive hollow points. I really dont shoot it much when I go to the range. I spend more time with my AR and Rem 700. I will end my range day with a mag or two thru the XD just to make sure its still there. It hits what Im aiming at everytime so I know its good to go. Some guys do the .22 conversion on their AR because its cheaper. Yeah its cheaper but its not the same. The ballistics are different which affects accuracy and shot effectiveness. The recoil is different which will affect follow-up shots. I dont think you will notice much difference between the 9mm and the .40 as far as money goes anyway. All ammo has become more expensive, no matter the caliber.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Same here, have had mine for a few years & keep it Chambered while carrying and had any issues.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Ammo is around $5 a box of 50 differenece, which adds up. I see what you are saying about the characteristics of the pistol with two different sizes. I would agree to stick to what i would normally cc. Good point with the AR and .22 rounds, it won't shoot the same. I think i will start off with the 9 and later on upgrade or add to my planned Zombie arsenal. This will not be my only pistol in my my pocession for long. Im allready addicted and hav'nt even purchased my pistol.. LOL....
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Blog Entries
    I would say get a 9mm to start with. Its a perfectly capable round and dependable. Ive heard and read about some inconsistencies with the .40 round, dont know from experiance. If in the future you want a change, sell it and buy another or just get another and start a collection. I had a 9mm that I got from a good friend that was a little tight on cash. A couple of years later I was looking to sell it to help fund an XD. I asked my buddy if he would be upset if I sold the 9mm that I got from him and he said " No, but if you sell it , make sure you upgrade and get a head - knocker. " So I got a .45.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Lol, yeah that would suck. Ok, i feel better about that issue hearing from you guys (except for Don,
    That's because I reminded him the cost of ammo and wasn't a concern when it comes to safety...lol......

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    My wife calls our XD9 her pistol since she got me the LCP. Since we live in CA currently we don't carry, but we each have our "go to weapon" and hers is the XD. She doesn't like shooting the LCP and is quite a good shot with the XD. Shes 5'5" typical woman, and has no issue with the safety or shooting it at all. Granted she also qual'ed expert with her Navy issued M9..

I really don't think the safety should be an issue at all. The only reason to feel strongly about it is personal preference, not in how it actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    That's because I reminded him the cost of ammo and wasn't a concern when it comes to safety...lol......
    Yes, Don and I have been texting back in forth about this same issue........you have been a lot of help, thanks!.....

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    My wife calls our XD9 her pistol since she got me the LCP. Since we live in CA currently we don't carry, but we each have our "go to weapon" and hers is the XD. She doesn't like shooting the LCP and is quite a good shot with the XD. Shes 5'5" typical woman, and has no issue with the safety or shooting it at all. Granted she also qual'ed expert with her Navy issued M9..

I really don't think the safety should be an issue at all. The only reason to feel strongly about it is personal preference, not in how it actually works.
    I appretiate all the assistance and info you guys are stating, it's always good to get info from this crew. Thanks all, I have sold my Xbox and stashed the $$$$ for my XD9 Fund!

I don't think I will be getting the XDM version, I just don't feel that the extras are worth the extra $100 or so.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information