Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post

I don't feel that the extras are worth the extra $100 or so.
    same here !
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    IamJeep, did you get your ccw yet or take any classes?
    Last edited by CKB3; 07-27-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CKB3a View Post
    IamJeep, did you get your ccw yet or take any classes?

Nawh bro, life and bills got in the way. But, I have decided to go with the Springfeild Armory XD9 Compact. Hopefully by the end of next month it will be in my pocession as well as a cwp/ccl.

The notification showed you asking if I was in Fl...?....Yes, I am.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Yea i posted that as my initial question but then remembered your in South FL. I carry a full size XD40 daily. The XD is a great firearm and as far as your safety concerns with depressing the rear safety... If you hold the gun, you will depress the safety. Period It takes very little pressure to depress.

I was initially going with the 40, but decided i wanted a pistol i can take to the range and be cheaper to shoot. At first i was looking into the .40 to 9 conversion. I still might do that when the time (hopefully next month) comes to purchasing the pistol.

I have held a couple different caliber XDs and i have ruled the grip safety to be a "no issue" (with the help of everyone here and friends).
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Have you gone out and actually shot any of your selected pistols yet? Do yourself a favor, DO NOT make up your mind on a pistol and buy it without shooting it first! Like a few others have said already. Go to a range with an open mind (no prejudges) and put a mag through a handful of different ones. You just might find out that the one gun you have already chosen in your mind does not suite your shooting style. Granted with enough practice you can become an expert with any pistol, but why fight one gun when there is another that is perfect for you from the start. Just my 2 cents, but what do I know

Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    Have you gone out and actually shot any of your selected pistols yet? Do yourself a favor, DO NOT make up your mind on a pistol and buy it without shooting it first! Like a few others have said already. Go to a range with an open mind (no prejudges) and put a mag through a handful of different ones. You just might find out that the one gun you have already chosen in your mind does not suite your shooting style. Granted with enough practice you can become an expert with any pistol, but why fight one gun when there is another that is perfect for you from the start. Just my 2 cents, but what do I know
    That is good advise, but I have fired a couple different ones of different calibers. The XD felt the best in my hand withe the M&P in a close second. Hopefully this weekend i will be able the handle and fire several others at a not so local open range. A couple of buddies are going with their full arsenal and I was invited to shoot whatever i wanted. Stoked!

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Awesome! I just wanted to share some advice. Good luck with your purchase. And have fun this weekend!
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    that should be a blast enjoy yourself. Take pic's
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    Awesome! I just wanted to share some advice. Good luck with your purchase. And have fun this weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    that should be a blast enjoy yourself. Take pic's

Hopefully TS Emily doesn't screw this weekend up for us, argh!!!! There should be a couple of AK's and plenty of AR's there..maybe even a sniper rifle.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information