View Poll Results: What color Commander do you own?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stone White Clear Coat

8 10.81%
  • Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat

14 18.92%
  • Mineral Gray Metallic

2 2.70%
  • Light Graystone Pearl

3 4.05%
  • Black Clear Coat

7 9.46%
  • Light Khaki Metallic Clear Coat

3 4.05%
  • Dark Khaki Pearl Coat

8 10.81%
  • Red Rock Crystal Pearl

13 17.57%
  • Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat

3 4.05%
  • Jeep Green Metallic

3 4.05%
  • Deep Beryl Green Pearl Coat

3 4.05%
  • Steel Blue Metallic

5 6.76%
  • Midnight Blue Pearl Coat

2 2.70%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What color Commander do you own?

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTs View Post
    So some people talk about Hemi envy (I am perfectly happy with my 4.7 thnk you very much), but something I don't hear much about is color envy. We bought our 07 XK used (but stock) with only 10K miles. It was too good a deal to pass up. While white doesn't show much dirt (great in a car, but who wants a clean Jeep?) you can see the mud just fine. After seeing all the variety of Colors that were at Camp Commander, I find myself having color envy. Not of any color in particular, just a color. White seems to just disappear into the landscape...and into the background at of the group photos.

Maybe some flames like Phunkydude had........hmmmmmmmmm
    I can't remotely relate to what Hemi envy is..I'm very content with my 4.7. In all the mountain roads I've driven (Pike's Peak twice) I never once wished I had more power...I'm not even sure what a Hemi is. I had it explained once but I wasn't impressed...I think it's a "mine is bigger than yours" kind of thing...I don't want 16 spark plugs to change and have to buy higher octane gas...Gas is kind of pricy if you haven't noticed....I know the book says 87 octane is OK but 93 is recommended...If I owned one I would go with the manufactures recommendation and spend more money on gas....I gotta say I always laugh at those "yea, it's gota a hemi" stickers on the back of trucks...Makes me think they need some Preparation H to sooth their problem...Jeeps rule and it's your choice of what you want under the hood. If you own a Jeep you're already miles ahead of the competition. Engine size is a personal preference not to be critized by anyone. (I don't buy Jap crap at any price. I'm still not pleased with this Pearl Harbor thing...Guess I'm old fashioned.)

Yes, Redrock Crystal Peal is correct.
    HT

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The funny thing is in reality it's not even a true HEMI LOL. A HEMI is a hemispherical design which non of the new HEMI's have. So in reality the 5.7L is just 1.0L bigger then the 4.7L and for the gain of 30hp is not really worth it IMO even with the ability to drop cylinders to save gas mileage. So the joke is really on the people who bought the HEMI and put that sticker on the back because they have no idea they got ripped off.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Haha thats halarious.....
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Steel Blue.

(I really like the black, though.)
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    So if we have a Hemi.we got ripped off ?(now that sounds like Hemi Envy) 30hp is quite a bit of gain IMO,guys are always trying to get that little extra through exhaust and CAI systems,and we can tow a 7200 lb.trailer if we please..My MPG are no worst then my 01 XJ with 33"tires,so I'll never miss the MPG anyways... Mine's Black..

Frank...

Member Looking for Dirt
    RedRock here. The Jeep Green XK's really catch my eye too.
    Of course all the XK's catch my eye. Especially now that I own one.
    Even my 4 1/2 year old daughter points them out to me now. :-)
    - Keith -

07' RedRock Crystal Sport XK, 4.7 Flex, QDII, leather, power liftgate, remote start, moonroof, skylights, power pedals and seats, Boston Accoustics, 20% tint, Mopar skid plates, splash guards and slush guards, 2" RC lift, SpiderTrax, Kelly TSR 265/70/17 .

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEERE G View Post
    RedRock here. The Jeep Green XK's really catch my eye too.
    Of course all the XK's catch my eye. Especially now that I own one.
    Even my 4 1/2 year old daughter points them out to me now. :-)
    Now if we can just get Jeepers to give us the Jeep Wave,life would be good !!

Stone White clear coat.
    07 Stone White 4.7L V8 4x4, QTII, 2" RC lift, Rob's leveler spacer, OEM Class III receiver, 265/70/17 NITTO TERRA Grapplers, 17x8 Eagle Alloys, Grill Guard, CB, NAV, SAT radio, IPOD, MP3, DVD.

Member Looking for Dirt El Comandante's Avatar
    It aint right if it aint white!
    - Oscar aka LuvMyCommander
    2008 Commander 3.7L V6
    Mods: OEM tow hitch, OEM 7 pin tow wiring, OEM fog lights, daytime running lamps enabled, 4xGuard Matrix Guard w/grill hoop kit, RC 2" lift kit, K&N drop-in filter, PIAA 510 ATP aux lights

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Red Rock for mine & I'm not a big red person, but I do like on this one.

My 20 month old son is also pointing out Commanders & says "Daddy's truck" everytime he sees one.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information