Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Considered selling

Senior Member Getting Dirty

Considered selling

So today I passed the local jeep dealer and saw a JK that was already lifted with 35's seemed to be about a 3 inch lift. It was an 07 2DR with 42xxx miles for 19000. It had a rear bumper also. It did have some underbody rust as expected and the shocks were rusted pretty bad. In other words the lift will need replacing. The Rims were the AEV and it had Dick Cepik tires that were pretty bald and would also need replacing. I'm in the same situation as sal was in. Ive done so much and just completed a few more mods and upgraded my whole sound system. As much as ive always wanted a wrangler im finding it so hard to let go for this. I think ive decided to keep the commander and in that case im getting a tire carrier made this week. Here is the wrangler http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    That thing sounds expensive for all those issues. By your old lady a wrangler or wait until you can have both the XK & JK I think like me you would of serious issues letting you XK go

$19k for a 5 year old Jeep with rust? Screw that.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt DDDonkey's Avatar
    Not worth it at all, that Jeep is work 10K at the most.
    4.7 with QDII, rocky mountain edition

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoulter View Post
    $19k for a 5 year old Jeep with rust? Screw that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDDonkey View Post
    100% agree.
    Actually from what was described I wouldn't even bother with that Jeep. Get a stock one and modify it yourself.

Its very rare that people take in modified wranglers.... makes me even more skeptical. Its like a cult....

Quote Originally Posted by DDDonkey View Post
    Well obviously you dont know much about wrangler values if you think its worth 10K at most. Do me the Honor of finding an 07 for under 15K.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Wrangler resale values are off the chart. Finding a 07 for under $20k would be a challenge. But rust bald tires and such is probably what drove the price down and I don't think it's worth it. I'd rather spend a few more dollars and get one the might be better taken care of. there aren't many for sale around me only a hand full 2007 and up for sale.

Dude are you kidding me? Unless that's a mint condition Rubicon (which its not in good condition at all from what you described) its not worth close to 19k.

A good condition Sahara blue books around 14k. So yeah, if its a Sahara with rust, beat shocks, worn tires and a lift (decreases resale value BTW regardless of what people want to believe), then $10k sounds about right.

So before you spout off that he doesn't know what he's talking about, how about more details? Sahara, Rubicon, trans, options, paint/body condition, etc?

I'm envisioning a pretty beat up Sahara. Was it regeared for the 35s?

Edit: based on Sals post (and the fact he was recently in the market.....lol) maybe the values and availability of wranglers varies a lot more by region than other cars. Around me they're a dime a dozen and a few sitting on every lot. I guess if they're hard to come by in some areas the dealers are able to drive up the price.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-16-2011 at 08:34 AM.

I just did a quick search and found 17 2007 wranglers for under 19k in my area. A handful were below 16k.

LMAO dude if your werent in the rust belt I'd go wrangler shopping by you. Very few lots have a wrangler by me and even less newer than a 2007 and no used rubicons for sale either. With in 40 miles of my house all three jeep dealerships only had one rubicon a piece and those were 2011's and one was a 2 door. I think area has a lot to do with it. I spent days searching by me and had to go down to 2005's to get around $20K.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information