Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Considered selling

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    All you told us was 2 door with 42k miles, rusted frame, shocks rusted to hell and bald ass tires.

Then you jump down that guys throat when he tells you its not work $19k. Well. from the information you provided, its not worth 19k. Almost all of us (maybe sal wasnt looking hard enough because deep down inside he didnt want to get rid of his XK) found 2 door JK's that more than fit your description for thousands less.
    Give us some real specs and we'd know if its really worth 19k or not, but don't get all mad and tell someone that they

And as for

... most of us did. None that i saw were in as bad as condition and YOU described either.
    NEVER once said the frame was rusted. I said it had some underbody rust. I did NOT say underbody was rusted out. I said the SHOCKS were pretty bad that it. Also i did not say "Bald as hell" I said pretty bald and would need replacing. And the ones you have found were auction vehicles with inconsistent mileage readings... You can buy a car like that but I never would. I didnt say it was in bad condition at all... If i did why the hell would I consider it. The only thing that was in bad condition were the shocks everything else was good if not great. The body didnt have a scratch on it. Well here are the specs then: 07 or newer, power windows and locks, 4.10 gear ratio, 35 inch tires, Rims as nice as AEV rims, and hard top with 42000 miles or less.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Now if you'd like to provide us with the necessary information to get a better handle on the value of this specific jeep, we'd have more to talk about.

Is it listed on the dealer website? Maybe some pics?

And again, those wheels/bumpers/etc dont add anything to the true value of the vehicle. They're only worth something to someone who wants that exact setup. So if its worth $19k to you... then go get it
    http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    lol it sounded pretty bad from what you described dude. I haven't seem any vehicles with shocks rusted out that didn't have other frame/drivetrain rust. Usually they go hand-in-hand.

You should know by now that you cant let our imaginations run rampant.

Definitely NOT what i was picturing.

Nice looking Jeep.

lol it sounded pretty bad from what you described dude. I haven't seem any vehicles with shocks rusted out that didn't have other frame/drivetrain rust. Usually they go hand-in-hand.

You should know by now that you cant let our imaginations run rampant.
    The shocks were some small little company that id never heard of and ive done a bunch of research on jk's.

Definitely NOT what i was picturing.

Nice looking Jeep.
    Well we wouldnt have had all the arguing of what it looked like if anyone paid attention to the link to the website in the original post.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

LMAO i didnt even see that link... it blended right in when i read the thread originally on my cell phone. Plus i stopped reading when you said that you decided to keep the Commander.

LMAO i didnt even see that link... it blended right in when i read the thread originally on my cell phone. Plus i stopped reading when you said that you decided to keep the Commander.
    Ha well every time I pass it I second guess more. I'm still not sure. I'm making a list or pros and cons.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    the pro and con list is a good idea only you know what your needs are. I want a JK pretty bad but it can't fill the need my XK is filling right now which I was reminded of when I went to the beach last weekend no way in heck was a JK getting my family and all are crap out there. You can also ship a vehicle across the country for around $800 so finding one $6k cheaper in AZ and having it shipped to you is still a great deal and having a vehicle that didn't spend 4-5 years in chicago winters is another plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    the pro and con list is a good idea only you know what your needs are. I want a JK pretty bad but it can't fill the need my XK is filling right now which I was reminded of when I went to the beach last weekend no way in heck was a JK getting my family and all are crap out there. You can also ship a vehicle across the country for around $800 so finding one $6k cheaper in AZ and having it shipped to you is still a great deal and having a vehicle that didn't spend 4-5 years in chicago winters is another plus.
    Well im starting my first year of college next year and its 7 hours away the added gas mileage would help and also I love the amount of mod possible and how cheap things are for the wrangler and especially the whole ability to have no doors and top. Its just ive done so much for the commander its like my heart and soul.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information