Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear UCA's

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar

Rear UCA's

Finally got my new Rear UCA's this week. They were suposed to be done before the Jambo in Sept, but no luck.

Adjustable and Johnny Joint upper end.

2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    those look beefy
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    I like those!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Hell yeah. Screw those superlift brackets. I'm surprised you didn't get them made with a slight bend in the middle. I'd be worried your going to hit the gas tank with the drivers side UCA due to having 4+ inches of lift. My buddy's 4 inch bds came with new uppers that had a slight bend in them
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Still using the brackets, even with the straight UCA i can drop the rear axle to the end of a 32" shock with a little in reserve. I dont think anyone else with a short arm has got to that far yet. We looked at doing them with a bend, but we were a bit rushed in the end (which didnt end up even mattering cause they took ages to get made and missed the trip they were for...) and also so they could be used with a normal 2-3" lift and get some more made. Given how many kidneys these ended up costing ill give people the measurements and they can get a local shop to make them up. The mob that did these has been excellent in the past, but for some reason these gave them a curve ball.
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Good thought on making them work with the bracket.

What's your goal with them? I'm sure you already know, but you have to be careful adjusting the length of just one link. If done incorrectly you'll pivot that axle too much and could cause issues with the u-joints at the extreme ends of motion.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Hopefully he already has adjustable lowers. Then he can dial that rear axle right in and have a perfect pinion angle
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

No adjustable lowers yet, and it only needs a very small tweak to get the diff pinion angle where it needs to be. Helps when there is a double cardan in there! These are overkill ut were meant to be able to be used on all lifts. Just wont be using the same mob who did these to do the rest....:-(

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Was checking out Marks superlift yesterday and think he needs a set of adjustable uppers. The pinion angle doesn't look very good at ride height and I think that's his contributing so some droning noise he's getting.

Didn't someone else in the US just have new uppers made by Rocky Road or Rustys?

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Was checking out Marks superlift yesterday and think he needs a set of adjustable uppers. The pinion angle doesn't look very good at ride height and I think that's his contributing so some droning noise he's getting.

Didn't someone else in the US just have new uppers made by Rocky Road or Rustys?
    I have Rusty's rear LCA don't have uppers yet but soon!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information