Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas for new Superlift?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    I know Superlift hopes that you're right that there will be increased sales with the new kit; these things cost money, which doesn't grow on trees!

As for your points about the struts, I think you're misunderstanding me. I did not say that such an upgrade is exclusively bling; I said that for "most folks" it is when it gets down to it. If you're not one of the folks, if you really do need them, then that's great -- but just know that you're quite in the minority. I don't work for Superlift (can't emphasize that enough), so I don't know for sure why they don't offer that upgrade right now for this particular kit, but my guess is that it just didn't make business sense. To offer it would require having thousands of dollars in upgraded shocks sitting in the warehouse, and my experience would tell me that they sell very slowly. Since, as I said, the only "extra" cost to the customer who wants to upgrade the front (in terms of kit parts) is pretty minimal, I'm guessing they just don't see the whole thing as making business sense.

Again, though, I don't really know what's going through their mind on those kinds of things. Their engineering I'm well-acquainted with, their finances I'm not. 4xGuard's recommendation was to have that sort of "super duty" option for this new kit, but I have no knowledge at all in whether they will do it. My guess is they will not, but it is pure speculation. I am pretty sure that some of our other "wish list" upgrades aren't happening for financial reasons (which is fine). Can't get everything!
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah i can definitely see the demand being an issue for the shocks. Manufacturing and development shouldn't be an issue, they're pretty much boiler plate. Minimum order quantities and parts sitting on the shelves are where the benefit/cost will likely come in.

Most people that lift their vehicles (any vehicle) don't take it offroad and the whole setup then is basically for looks...so I understand that im one of the minority. lol hell im one of those from the start just for wanting to lift my Commander!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    It is what it is with the XK. Unfortunately at least for now there are only a hand full of us lifting and pushing these things to there limits and if you count the amount of XK's that were built and the number that are being built and wheeled its very very small. Matt I think to get what we need in the end we will be piecing together a lift using the SL as a very good start to the project. JBA is working with fox I think for a front strut. So getting the SL and buying some of the JBA parts will be are best option along with some custom parts. It makes in interesting at least LOL

Oh there's no doubt that some Fox or King 4" coilovers would be ideal... especially for tweaking the ride height for added accessories.

If this SL is everything we're hoping for, then that combine with some coilovers has me drooling!

compensating for the added weight up front like steel bumpers winches dual battery setups and stuff will be needed. I agree running coil overs will be nice.

Sal, I have a feeling me and you will be the first two commanders with the new SL and coilovers! Lol.

Well I seem to be thinking of the same time line you are as well. Maybe a road trip and a two for one install party LOL You go first thought hahahah

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I will be right there with you guys, just need to get the money together for it.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Well I seem to be thinking of the same time line you are as well. Maybe a road trip and a two for one install party LOL You go first thought hahahah
    Lol I'm good for that!

Which reminds me..... hey Mike, is welding still required with the improved kit?

If I don't have my welder in time ill just borrow a friends...

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I will be right there with you guys, just need to get the money together for it.
    I'm already saving. Throwing $75/month aside to build up a fund that'll ease the pain. I want to do JBA ucas and new bushings at the same time.... so I'm looking at a hefty bill in parts. But being that the vehicle will be 6-7 years old, I'm going to replace all the wear items while its apart so I'm not nickeled and dimed over the next few years thereafter with maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Those struts won't be cheap at all but worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Lol I'm good for that!

Which reminds me..... hey Mike, is welding still required with the improved kit?

If I don't have my welder in time ill just borrow a friends...

I'm already saving. Throwing $75/month aside to build up a fund that'll ease the pain. I want to do JBA ucas and new bushings at the same time.... so I'm looking at a hefty bill in parts. But being that the vehicle will be 6-7 years old, I'm going to replace all the wear items while its apart so I'm not nickeled and dimed over the next few years thereafter with maintenance.
    Sounds like a plan and a good excuse to visit NJ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information