Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feels like im in "Limp" mode.....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'd run threw that tank and see what happens maybe just for ****s and giggles reset the computer and see what happens.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I'd run threw that tank and see what happens maybe just for ****s and giggles reset the computer and see what happens.
    I was thinking of reseting the comp,..... how long do i wait before reconnecting the battery?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    The hilly, mountain terrain up here is a lot different from what you see down there in Fla. I run cruise on the interstate and it is normally fine, when it gets to a hill it downshifts but yet it keeps its speed. When Im on a road like Rt 29 which is a 4 lane highway but yet it is nothing but hills, one after the other, I dont run cruise because it is constantly downshifting , sometimes all the way to 3rd. If youre not use to running cruise in the hills then you may think there is a problem. How was the gas mileags during your trip ? One year on the way back from the Outer Banks I had to stop to gas up. I should be able to make that trip easily on a tank of gas. I think I just got some bad gas. The jeep had a hard time keeping up to speed and felt sluggish. The temp outside was 107 degrees too so I dont know if that was a factor also.
    The gas milage was a bit lower because of the hills but not by much. Im getting crap milage anyways (12mpg highway...wtf), so idk. When i was off of cruise i could hold a set speed by applying little gas and it didnt diwnshift but git up to speed. Same scenario with cruise control on and the pedal would drop and double down shift, which really wasnt necessary.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    I was going to say you could check the trans fluid.... but you don't have a dipstick...

The computer does a pretty good job of adjusting for altitude so that shouldn't be an issue. Do you have a scanner you can hook up to read some data? Would be a good idea to check things like the coolant temp sensor, air intake temp sensor, manifold pressure and 02 sensor readings to see if something is off.
    No i dont, but know someone who does. I need to change the trans fluid anyways because i overheated it a couple of times at Uhwarrie.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

12MPG highway with a 3.7L sounds really wrong bro and with the tires not being corrected it's really around 13MPG which is still bad. Something is wrong and you need to start considering your maintenance. How long since the diff, TC and Trans had been serviced. How about plugs filters wires oil and things like that.

Not since ive had it, maybe a year? I know its time, should i use Royal Purple?

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

I think that's personnel preffrence its a top brand you can't go wrong with it. I used Mobile 1 on the last change and it seems to working out pretty good I know a lot of people use royal amsoil and mobile 1 seem to be the top three.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'm a big advocate for AMSOIL. I used to use RP but liked the ordering method through AMSOIL and they're very specific with their applications and documentation. Mobile is also good.... but I just don't like giving Exxon/Mobil my money, they're rich enough.

Ok, so i will look into those three and change all the fluids. Im sure if i search i can find my answer but im feeling very lazy....what plugs should i use?

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Champion Coppers! Don't get anything fancy for the plugs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information