Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feels like im in "Limp" mode.....

matt is right (mopar) champion copper plugs ONLY every 30k miles.i have worked on dozens of newer jeeps and there really picky when it comes to plugs weather there worn out or a diffrent brand (like bosch platinum 2's they really don't like those),and atf+4 in the trans every 30k miles also.engine oil brand shouldn't matter as long as your using the right viscosity changing when you should and not using wallmart supertech oil lol. clean the throttle body also, old rag/tooth brush and small amount of carb cleaner it WILL make a diffrence.i have done all that and with 265/70/17's and a 3.7 still get 21mpg highway, 15 to 17 city.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelleman4292 View Post
    matt is right (mopar) champion copper plugs ONLY every 30k miles.i have worked on dozens of newer jeeps and there really picky when it comes to plugs weather there worn out or a diffrent brand (like bosch platinum 2's they really don't like those),and atf+4 in the trans every 30k miles also.engine oil brand shouldn't matter as long as your using the right viscosity changing when you should and not using wallmart supertech oil lol. clean the throttle body also, old rag/tooth brush and small amount of carb cleaner it WILL make a diffrence.i have done all that and with 265/70/17's and a 3.7 still get 21mpg highway, 15 to 17 city.
    I'm lucky to get 15, it's more like 13.5 average. I guess I should update this thread by saying that the "limp" feeling I was getting was caused (my guess) by crappy fuel. I have since stopped going to that gas station and have not felt the Jeep to be sluggish, it's not a race car but at least it feels like when I first drove it. I still have to replace the plugs and fluids, so I will report back on my findings after that happens.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Champion spark plugs and Jeep have a long history together. Both were manufactured in Toledo.
    I say Champs.

Your rack on top can reduce your MPG. Have you tested it straight hiway driving?

Tire sizes also affect your MPG.

Caleb, did you see my story about when my cruise stopped working?

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I replaced my plugs last year and it made quite a difference. They were worn pretty bad and the tips were dissapearing. It made a huge power/throttle response/acceleration difference with the new plugs in it. I don't remember which plugs i got. I think they were bosch plats. They seem to work fine. I also like the copper plugs. They are usually the best performing plugs all around. In some cases however (my VW GLI) it will chew through the coppers in about 3500 miles. I have to go with irids which is what the car comes with.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Champion spark plugs and Jeep have a long history together. Both were manufactured in Toledo.
    I say Champs.

Your rack on top can reduce your MPG. Have you tested it straight hiway driving?

Tire sizes also affect your MPG.

Caleb, did you see my story about when my cruise stopped working?
    The rack and tires did drop my mpg, but I started with only 14.5 or so.

I missed your cruise control issue.....gotta link?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information