Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally mounted the Bull bar

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ya that looks much better now it can be a bull bar up there. Hey CT I wonder if you got the brackets turned the wrong way or something.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Matt, got any mounting pics? I do realize it's not your XK, just wondered if you can find mounting pics of the same vehicle.....'Cause by looking at the PO's hardware pics, they look to be mounted upside down as Sal mentioned.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Na, don't have any mounting pics. But considering they're both Westin, and that the OP's just doesn't look right (to the point I dont even know why they'd sell it being "designed" like that) I'd bet he just installed it wrong.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-riverrat View Post
    I do now
    Looking at this pic..................If he was to flip the mounts, the mounting point for the actual bar would face at a downward angle. Maybe there is a pdf file of the installation online...?....
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Just looked up the directions those brackets and stuff get bolted to the stock recovery hook location. So this is installed incorrectly from what I can see with these pictures.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    ya know.... now that I think about it, I remember back in 2005 when I was ordering a bull bar for my silverado Westin had 2 part numbers. One was a generic that basically mounted way below the bumper and looked horrible, the other was more specifically designed for the silverado and matched up perfectly. I wonder if that's the case here....

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    He has it mounted properly (according to Westins directions) The other bar you showed isn't Westin. You can tell because their logo isn't laser cut into the skid.

The brackets can be modified for a better fit though. They're two peices on each side. The lower piece gets turned around to bring the bar closer to the bumper, then the top part of the brackets gets about 1.5 - 2" cut off it to raise the bar up. Re-drill the holes to attach the to peices together and you're golden.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information