Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a/c drain

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar

a/c drain

Where is the a/c drain hose for a 2007 Jeep Commander 4.7 Rocky Mountain? Mine seems to be clogged. I just completed a 3,000 mile trip out West and the passengers side floor has turned into a small swiming pool.
    Thank you,
    HT

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Pretty sure its on the lower edge passenger side of the firewall... but not 100% since i haven't had to clear mine out yet.

It's not there Matt.

I just noticed I'm listed as a trouble makere and Matt is a big time trouble maker. What's with that?

I just took a look under mine and didn't see it... also didn't see a drain mentioned in the service manual. now you have my interest peaked... next day its nice i may throw on my A/C and look for dripping water lol

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockv8 View Post
    It's not there Matt.

I just noticed I'm listed as a trouble makere and Matt is a big time trouble maker. What's with that?
    Read this thread. It's not a bad thing that your a trouble maker....lol

http://www.xk-forum.com/showthread.p...ech-Badge-quot
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    FWIW I alway notice mine dripping in the middle of the jeep. That could be from it running down a skid plate though not sure I never looked for it

Dealer tells me the hose is located directly over the transmission and nothing short of removing it (transmission) will allow access to it from underneath. They says it's a major fix and expensive to reach it from above. Apparently half the dash needs to be removed and something about a black box. He called it a "design flaw". I called him nuts. The saga continues.
    HT
    Last edited by redrockv8; 06-23-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling error

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrockv8 View Post
    Dealer tells me the hose is located directly over the transmission and nothing short of removing it (transmission) will allow access to it from underneath. They says it's a major fix and expensive to reach it from above. Apparently half the dash needs to be removed and something about a black box. He called it a "design flaw". I called him nuts. The saga continues.
    HT
    Update? My passenger is swimming and I need the a/c down here in the sweat box of America!
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

I'm not sure about the commander but after days of searching i found a fix for 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK). I posted a video of the fix here http://youtu.be/DTi1-i4GRqY.

Here's a video for older JGCs http://youtu.be/qcEZ1OGPkUw

Hope this helps!

Good stuff. That's your video??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information