Thread: Bead Lock Wheel Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Beadlocks have a couple of flaws, tough to balance, leak, and there is some maitinance that goes along with them. I dont ever go down to single digits in my tires, but I think the Staun Internal Beadlocks would be a great option for the Commander. If it is the look there are a lot of companies that do the Street Lock or Faux Beadlock rings. I like them, and would love to get a set of the Walkwer Evans wheels, but its hard to justify the cost.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    I've been running steel Bassett (think dirt track racing) beadlocks on my YJ for a few months. Aside from a couple of light scratches and a small ding in the lock ring they are good. I got them new for $110 each and that included shipping. There are some pictures in the Wrangler, YJ, TJ thread area. Might be limited on a good offset for the Commanders though. Also the 15" limit might not clear the caliper.

Here is the link. Wheels are at the bottom.

http://www.bassettwheel.com/4x4_offroad.html
    Last edited by Tymac; 06-29-2011 at 07:26 AM.

THese are 17 inch DOT approved Beadlocks:

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...e-p-18725.html

Tad bit out of my price range, but I love the way they look.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Nice wheels but way out of my price range right now.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Hahah same here, thats why I was thinking the Staun Internal Beadlocking system would work great. Holds the tire on the bead, no new wheel needs to be purchased.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/St...pn=STNSBLN1779

still a bit high, but better than stranded. I think I will just stick with the wheels I am currently scratching up, and see whats out there when they can't be cleaned anymore.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Now that looks cool, how good is that system really? Never heard of it or of any one that has used it.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Alot of competition guys run them, plus you can run a tire thats flat if needed just to get off a trail. Fourwheeler did a write up on them, Ill try and find the link.

Thread Information