Thread: Train horn installation

Train horn installation

Anyone ever tried installing a train horn? I want one so need some suggestions. Thanks

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Many Diesel powered Motor Coach's have very loud air powered horns. Unless you especially want a train horn, you can get an ear splitting horn at many RV stores.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I had one on my Silverado... lol it came in handy!

Do you offroad? Best way to do it is to get yourself an OBA kit and then just run it off that. Otherwise, just get an air horn kit off ebay and throw it on.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    If you want a really serious blaster, order one of these kits:

Deluxe mini train horn

Black train horn (Large one)

Both have compressors and a tank.

Train horns and trumpets

I've ordered from this place a few times. (The motorcoach is pretty much a Kenworth chassis)

I have two foot long Hadleys on top of the coach, and those will peel the paint off anything in front of me. (Although, it has a full air system to run them with)

I have a Wolo Bad Boy behind the grill of the Jeep with the outlets aimed out. It ain't bad, and is better than the OEM horn, but someday, I'm gonna' order one of the train horn kits.
    Last edited by Adondo; 06-29-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

i appreciate everyone's feedback thus far.

@adondo: your input has really helped. my issue is that i know horns come in different shapes and sizes, and i am not sure which one i should get. i have been looking at http://trainhorns.net since they were recommended to me, but i am not sure which setup i should get. any suggestions?

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    You can always go get a horn from a Junkyard off an old semi or dump truck. Those are loud and cheap, plus i know there has to be instructions from someone online.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I used to have a horn from an old bus. It would send my Gremlin rocketing backwards!

Banned Looking for Dirt
    Not a train horn but a Handley semi horn, Does the job very well.

Thread Information