Just for a bit of reference information, I would not recommend referencing p@55word's p@5t experience with those of the Side Guard 2. As I explained in the "other" forum at one point, the fellow who made p@55word's rails built them with no internal gusseting, no external stiffener, no internal stiffener, and seemingly without any sense of the engineering behind the bends in the steel. I would have been shocked if they hadn't bent all to heck!

Also, quite contrary to what Doc says, the attachment points along the top edge of the Side Guard do not hold the weight of the vehicle. (Doc seems a smart fellow, so I'm assuming he just didn't look at them very closely before making that accusation.) The attachment points on the top side almost entirely aesthetic. On one side of our WK test rig -- the one we like to bounce on things -- we have only the bottom bolts attached, nothing on the top side. It hasn't been the slightest problem.

For what it's worth, the engineers at Jeep apparently, um, agree with our engineering. (I'd like to use another phrase or two for what they've done, but I don't think I can legally do so!)