Quote Originally Posted by Doc in AZ View Post
i just saw a set of the 4x sliders today, i have always liked how they were a formed piece and had a very stock look to them, but... they only rivet inside the door sill & they are just aluminum rivets at that. i think riv-nuts would be a much stronger alternative.
I know Matt already posted up a pick of the underside of the 4xGuard rails, but I thought I would add to it.

The rivets are not what is holding the rails on. There are 6 grade 8 bolts per side that go through the pinch weld using holes that are already there and then through the included L bracket.

This is what the rocker looks like after removing the plastic:

As you can see after the pinch weld the rocker angles up then cuts in where it meets up with the door openings. The sliders cup over this entire area. You can actually place them over the rocker and they will stay in place (makes instal quite easy). Then you drill small holes into the top of the rocker and install the aluminum(noncorrosive) rivets. At least that is what is included now that the cost of the zinc coated screws went up in price.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that other companies are making products for us. And I have nothing against the other designs. I just don't want everyone thinking that the 4xGuard rail might fall off because they are only installed using aluminum rivets.