Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Sliders

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XK N00b View Post
    Looks like I have some Pros & cons to weigh... So far I think I like the 4XGuard better than the others I've seen. Maybe I'll pay Doc a visit and see what he can come up with as an option.
    I sold my RR SuperSliders and Doc is making me new ones as we speak. I am in Oregon so I have not seen them yet but he might post some pics as he develops them.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    encourage him to at least send you some pics so you can post them.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Just got a quote from HellBent Offroad here in St. Louis. They quoted me $300.00 for a custom set. They will mount like the Supersliders, but the slider would 2x3 inch square tube. Beats me if this is good or not, or if I should just suck it up and buy the 4x Guard and spend the extra cash.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    From what I hear the 4xguard side guards are extremely well made. They are a little steep in price but i know there products are built to take a beating. Someday ill have the side guards, but who knows when that will be. I need to repair the damage first from not having armor there before I slap those bad boys on.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    I have the side guards and think that they were very much worth every penny. they fit perfectly, as if they were factory parts and they are solid.....very heavy duty. I waited a long time to get them cause of all the production delays, but it was worth the wait. they are spot on for what i wanted. I use them as a step, they give you lift jack points, they give you added clearance and they at fit like a glove....and the install was fairly easy.

Last edited by ped4599; 07-01-2011 at 11:52 AM.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Looks like I'll just wait then, you should be in their sales dept.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Looks like I'll just wait then, you should be in their sales dept.
    well, i sold them....or the idea of them....to my wife!...which means i didnt get grief when i bought them. My wife bit on the idea of them as a step for the little one to get use to crawl up in the vehicle.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Quote Originally Posted by ped4599 View Post
    well, i sold them....or the idea of them....to my wife!...which means i didnt get grief when i bought them. My wife bit on the idea of them as a step for the little one to get use to crawl up in the vehicle.
    Good angle, I had started the "you know now much it will cost to fix if we hit something" but the step should add extra value to it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Good angle, I had started the "you know now much it will cost to fix if we hit something" but the step should add extra value to it.

Thanks
    ACTUALLY.... i love it as a step! I find my self using it more than i thought i would....not to climb in, but for reaching the roof, etc.

to be fair i should list a "CON" so you know im not connected with the company....hehe...

the only CON is that if you hit heavy mud, and it lands on top them, you need to get off before it dries (or freezes if its cold out) or the doors will drag. but this is usualy not an issue as long as you open and shut the doors before the mud dries.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information