Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Sliders

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'm liking Doc's sliders too. How far do they sit in comparison to the stock plastic? Wondering if Docs version will gain us any clearance at the rockers...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Not worried about his work I know it will be stronger then the super sliders for sure. The wife says I can't be trusted without sliders any more LOL so I would prefer to get docs setup over the super sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Here is a sneak peak of my sliders:

Doc is working up how he will install them, he wants to make it simple so that anyone can install a set at home without a welder.
    I was thinking about this a bit today.... I love where you and Doc are going with the sliders, but had an idea to make them a bit more useful and "different". It would be really cool if there were two platforms (per say) that would act as good steps, then connect the platforms with the tube to complete the "side" protection. By platform, im envisioning something that would provide good grip in all weather.... that way if you're wheeling in the snow (well, for some of us) and want to get something off the roof from the side, you have a nice stepping point.

..Or, in my case, a great step for kids that'll be getting in/out of a lifted XK

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Try a different color....maybe body match the color.....

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    I was thinking about this a bit today.... I love where you and Doc are going with the sliders, but had an idea to make them a bit more useful and "different". It would be really cool if there were two platforms (per say) that would act as good steps, then connect the platforms with the tube to complete the "side" protection.
    Because they bolt to the side of the fender and the fender is so thin I do not think they would support much weight without bending.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lol you do know this is the rock slider thread.... not the tube fender flare thread right? Look at the pictures I quoted.

Hahahah that's funny I've done that before to.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Lol you do know this is the rock slider thread.... not the tube fender flare thread right? Look at the pictures I quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Hahahah that's funny I've done that before to.
    Just finished an 18 hour shift with the All Star Game in there somewhere....

The sliders were designed with the intention of installing a dimple pressed sheet of metal to act as a step.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Does Doc have an estimate on a finished product? I can't go wheeling until I get something.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Does Doc have an estimate on a finished product? I can't go wheeling until I get something.
    I will stop by tomorrow and ask him.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information